We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

Please can you inform me of where abouts 'Quad biking' adventure trails operate in LA or surrounding areas. I am travelling this Christmas and my nephew wants to hire Quad.

thanks

Ritchey

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,716 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

Hi, Ritchey --

I went to their website, selected "LOS ANGELES" (which includes the surrounding areas) and when I tried to click on "BIKE TOURS", it said there was none.

Here is everything offered in L.A. by QUAD::

dosomethingdifferent.com/destinations/los_an…

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

Ritchey, it's about a four- or five-hour drive, but where you MUST take him is the absolutely undisputed Nirvana of ATVing (that's what we call them, not Quadbikes):

Glamis aka Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation.

Christmas is insane there, with many tens of thousands of people. He will love it!!! He will never forget it for his entire life.

There are a number of places that will help you out. Here's one (that I can't vouch for):

http://www.funtimeatv.com/

Go to a site like ATV Connection and ask around. Someone will give you the absolute best advice.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,713 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

Glamis is indeed an amazing place to ride ATVs. Pretty much requires camping if you are staying overnight. Because of the huge size of the dunes there, it is particularly suited for dune buggies that have the power to shoot up the faces of the sand dunes.

About three and a half to 4 hours north of Los Angeles is another great location for ATVs and dune riding - Pismo Beach. On the section reserved for off-roading, you can drive your car out onto the beach and take off into the dunes on an ATV. There are a couple of good companies that rent ATVs of various sizes and the necessary safety equipment. Here's one....

http://www.pismoatvrentals.com/

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

VC, the only problem with Pismo is that ritchey is coming at Christmastime. Unless he gets lucky, Pismo will be a cold and damp place, compared to the probably warm and sunny destination that is Glamis...and Pismo isn't really all that much closer.

I've done day trips to Glamis. Get up early. Be there by noon. Ride like a madman until sunset. Return home. That will be enough to satisfy ritchey's nephew, I'm sure.

5. Re: Quad biking adventure in /around LA- Where ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:17