We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Chinatown LA Safe?

Is Chinatown LA Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2011, 17:25
Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Chinatown LA Safe?

I would think you'll be fine as most criminals would have called it a night by then. J

But, to be safe, don't be the first person there for the bus.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,481 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Chinatown LA Safe?

It helps if you can be specific. Are you referring to the 7:15 a.m. GOTO bus from the Bank of America Parking lot at 850 N. Broadway? The area is largely safe although it will be deserted. As FromtheBu suggests, I wouldn't get there too early. Where is your hotel? How are you getting to the bus pickup point?

BTW, for $10 to $13 more, you can take either an Amtrak bus from Union Station or a Greyhound bus from Greyhound's downtown (or Hollywood) bus station without the worry of having to wait outdoors in a deserted neighborhood for the bus.

Greyhound's 8:00 am depaerture takes less than 6 hours to Las Vegas.

Also, Union Station is a stop on the red line metro rail line so it's easy to get to.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
561 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Chinatown LA Safe?

I'm taking the GOTO bus this Saturday morning to Ensenada at 7:15, and my meeting point is the Broadway location that you note. My bus is already sold out, so I imagine there are going to be a lot of people milling about, especially because it seems all destinations leave from that location at the same time.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Chinatown LA Safe?

Area should be deserted but fine for you to walk around. Downtown L.A./Chinatown is fairly safe. You mostly would encounter maybe homeless people but they are not going to be a thread to you

5. Re: Is Chinatown LA Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 08:18