We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping help!???

Wichita, KS
4 posts
Save Topic
Shopping help!???

HI!

I am coming to LA in Jan. We are staying for 6 days and we are flying into LAX. The main reason we are coming is to see Ellen!! But we are also going to be doing alot of shopping. I would really love some help on where to do shopping in the LA area/Burbank!

Thanks for the help!

italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping help!???

If you are willing to drive one hour from Burbank towards Camarillo, near the coast, there is an outlet mall called Camarillo outlets or Premium outlets (?) Anyways, when I come to L.A. (from Italy!) I always shop there because it is so much fun and there are so many shops (maybe a hundred or more) with great prices. Good luck and have fun!

City of Angels
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping help!???

Hi..you must go downtown. You know that stuff that you see in the malls...well guess where its made...downtown. Some designers have sample sales too. So if you like a designer...go to the web page and see where their factory store is and see if its open to the public. January is a good month to do that kind of stuff because they're selling off last season's stuff.

Also, I don't know about you, but when people tell me to go to malls...being from LA...I've seen malls and they have the SAME stores..why go there? (Unless where you're coming from doesn't?)

I would also go to the Grove because its pretty, its outdoors and you can also go to the Farmer's Market there and eat. I reccommend the blacken catfish stand there.

I would go to Melrose...definitely get one of a kind stuff and also good eating places as you're walking.

If you want great deals on designer stuff...then I agree, you should plan a trip to Camarillo...or if you're really a shopping fanatic...Cabazon (they have better stuff.) There's also down the coast outlet mall in Carlsbad.

The one thing you need...a car and those GPS things (or a map.) HAVE FUN

Liz

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,612 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shopping help!???

I would also try to fly into BUR, it is an AWESOME airport, very easy in & out. I would also look in the Annabelle and Safari Inn Hotels in Burbank. Very nice, quiet, clean accommodations. The mall for you and Mom has to be The Grove at Farmer's Market (and by extension Farmer's Market). It is not too big, not too small and has a nice blend of fun stores.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
120 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shopping help!???

I am also going to be in LA soon and staying in Long Beach. Any suggestions for local shopping areas would be welcomed. I will be happy to walk or catch local transport around. Jessiek

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shopping help!???

Why Long Beach? Are you going on a cruise? Otherwise, it's not very convenient to do any sightseeing in LA, especially without a car.

We need specific info on what type of shopping you want to do and what kind of things you want to buy in order to recommend places. Though without a car and staying in Long Beach, you won't have many non-chain store mall options.

Tucson,AZ
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Shopping help!???

I enjoy the garment district as well as the gold mart. It is an experience in itself. As you know a rule of thumb when you travel is to keep tabs on your purse and make sure that it is safely secure and zipped up etc. Pick pockets are everywhere especially when you are in crowded areas. Have a good time!

17. Re: Shopping help!???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:17