We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near LAX

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
637 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near LAX

Hello,

We have a one night stop over at LAX - can anyone recommend a good area/hotel thats near LAX , clean, & safe?

Thanks!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Near LAX

They are all the same baically, if you have a night why not rather spent the night at a hotel in Santa Monica. It's only 15 minutes away, you are by the beach, can stroll around at night and have dinner at one of the great restaurants there

Deffinatly beats any "of the shelf" hotels around LAX that you could find in any other city

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,409 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Near LAX

Smitten, I think Alex has inadvertently answered your question. Santa Monica is 15-20 minutes north of LAX; Manhattan Beach is 10-15 south of LAX. SM is a major city; MB is a small "beach town". Hotel listings with traveler reviews can be found by typing in:

SANTA MONICA HOTELS

or

MANHATTAN BEACH HOTELS

in the SEARCH box in the upper left corner of this page, then clicking GO. Confirm your choice on the page that follows, in the center of the page, click HOTELS IN...

A list of hotels will appear in order of "traveler preference" based upon the reviews of your fellow travelers. (First is 'most preferred', and so on). Click READ ALL REVIEWS to see the complete reviews for each hotel; click CHECK RATES to get current offers on these hotels. (Ignore the AVERAGE PRICE info).

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Near LAX

I actually like Residence Inn Manhattan Beach but I don't remember it having an airport shuttle. There is a Target Store walking distance at the corner and a few eateries in the area. Only dangerous thing is if you have to cross Sepulvada (the main street the hotel is on).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Near LAX

All the 4 star hotels in the LAX area are similar and offer free shuttles from/to the airport. If you do stay there, bid around $60-70 on Priceline for a 4 star hotel and you'll get one of them less than half of the rack rate.

However, I do agree with above. There is nowhere to walk and nothing to see around LAX. If you're planning on leaving your hotel, even for dinner and a walk, it's best to stay at a hotel in downtown Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach, both only a 15 min cab ride away.

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
637 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Near LAX

Thank-you! I thought it would be best to stick around the airport (not knowing LA at all), but it sounds like Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach will be convenient - and a nice play to stay.

Cheers.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Near LAX

Please do us all a favor and look for a hotel in Santa Monica. Not only will you be able to experience a little that L.A.has to offer, you also will have a good time enjoying yourself, something you would not be able to do in the LAX area

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,342 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Near LAX

My favorite LAX area hotel is the Marriott Manhattan Beach. It is near the airport, you can walk to theaters, nice restaurants and a small mall.

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Near LAX

I really like the Inn at Playa del Rey. Near the airport, off the beaten path and a nice little neighborhood to eat and relax. They have bikes to borrow, too. Easy taxi ride to Marina del Rey. The staff is friendly and it's a really nice little spot.

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Near LAX

We stayed at the Inn at Playa Del Rey and had an excellent time there. It is a B & B, so breakfast and cookies and afternoon treats are included. I love the location on the marsh. There is a really yummy tapas restaurant a block or so down and the beach is just a couple of blocks away. If you like a B&B, I highly recommend.

Playa Del Rey is a tiny town not even ten minutes from LAX

10. Re: Hotel Near LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:20