We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Topic
Can anyone help with my itinerary?

I have posted before and gotten some great info so here goes...

My husband has a meeting in the Arcadia area that he is speaking for and we are also hoping to turn this trip into a little romantic getaway. We have a 2.5 year old and a 9 month old and it's been a long time since we have had some grown up fun! I am trying to put together an itinerary that will give me something to do while he is working and ideas for when we are together. We arrive on a Tuesday into the Ontario airport early morning and staying in Arcadia. My husband is free this day (We are going to have a car and a GPS and don't mind driving.) Is it possible to do Rodeo Drive in an afternoon? Wednesday he has meetings during the day, I'll be free, any ideas? Thursday my day is free, he will be free in the afternoon. Friday I am free all day, husband will be speaking until later afternoon. Saturday we are free all day, heading home on Sunday morning. I was thinking of hitting the farmers market one day, we want to hit Santa Monica, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Arcadia is North/East of Los Angeles (just East of Pasadena). It will take you about 45 minutes to get to Beverly Hills without traffic. Unless you have an unlimited budget - Rodeo drive can easily be done in an afternoon.

For one of your days - the Huntington Library is not far from you and the have lovely grounds to wonder, places to sit and relax, read, or just enjoy. A really nice afternoon tea.

Old Town Pasadena is also nice to walk around, shop, grab a bite to eat.

You aren't too far from Universal Studios if you wanted to go on your free day.

I would head to Santa Monica on Saturday as the traffic will not be as bad - maybe continue up the coast through Malibu and then cut across one of the canyon roads and head back to Arcadia via the 101.

You'll have a nice time just being away without the munchkins for a few days :).

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,031 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Excellent ideas above. Stick to the parts of LA closest to Arcadia - like Pasadena, downtown LA, etc. Santa Monica is a great place to visit on Saturday, your free day.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Agree with above. Spend the first day around Pasadena - good ideas above. This is closest to Arcadia. Have dinner in Old Town Pasadena that night.

Wednesday, you can check out Universal Studios as mentioned. Or you can go to downtown LA and see Olvera St, Disney Hall, and do some shopping in the Garment District and Santee Alley if you like that type of thing. You can also visit MOCA, California Science Center etc there. Check out what downtown has to offer. Just don't drive there or back during rush hour.

Thursday afternoon, you can head out to Hollywood and check out Hollywood Blvd, The Grove/Farmer's Market, and Rodeo Drive. Just make sure to leave Arcadia by 4pm or so to beat the traffic, and return after 7-8pm. Have dinner at the Grove.

Stay around Pasadena on Friday night.

Start your Saturday with the Getty, and then head to Santa Monica and Venice beaches. Finish with dinner in Malibu.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,172 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Ditto staying in the Pasadena area. Look in to the Norton Simon Museum, shopping on Lake Ave. and in Old Town Pasadena, do tea at the Ritz Carlton Pasadena, the ponies are running at Santa Anita, Descanso Gardens, the Huntington Hartford, Saladang Thai Restaurant.

For a rib-sticking breakfast, try Rosco's House of Chicken & Waffles on N. Lake Ave.

Raymond Restaurant is also top notch in Pasadena.

I love the Grove @ Farmer's Market and there are too many good places to eat to recommend one.

In Santa Monica/Malibu there are tons of great places to eat and some pretty good ones with great views. A drive up the coast to Pepperdine is a nice drive and there are lots of places to eat. If you like what you see at Pepperdine you can start saving now and you MIGHT have enough money to send the 9 month old if the 2.5 year old goes to a state school.

Wisconsin
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

Excellent ideas and info, thanks so much! Here's hoping that our daughter will follow in our UW Madison footsteps...

Thanks again!

6. Re: Can anyone help with my itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 16:16