We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

San Diego
13 posts
Save Topic
Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

We plan on seeing Wicked this year. Anyone know where we can get coupons or a promotion code? Is Ticketmaster the way to go? Also, any good sushi place/kid friendly we could go to before the show? Thanks all!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,259 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

Ticketmaster is the only authorized seller, so if you want to pay face value, that's where you should buy. If there are any promotions, they will be listed at www.travelzoo.com. This is a popular show, so promotions are rare. I would advise you to sign up for Ticketmaster alerts for this show so that you get a notification before tickets go on sale. You should plan to buy as soon as they go on sale to get the best seats and in general to get the seats before they sell out.

Is sushi kid-friendly? That just shows how different people are :) Will you have a car? Are you looking to drive from the restaurant to the show or walk? The only good sushi place within a 15 min walk is Katsu-ya, but it's not very cheap and you need to make reservations there at least several days in advance. Yoshi's is my favorite good inexpensive spot in nearby West Hollywood, but it's a 10-15 min drive to the show.

If you're looking what we would consider kid-friendly places, you may like Mel's Diner which is walking distance (15 mins). If you like Mexican, Velvet Margarita is very close and fun.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
18,327 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

If you can go on a tuesday night, just enter the promo code METRO and recieve 20% off your tickets. All you have to do is to show proof of a valid metro ticket. Even if you dont use the train to get there. The trainstation is right across from the theater. Get a $1.25 one way fare and show it at the Box Office when picking up your tickets

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

Actually I consider sushi kid friendly - that's where we are going tonight for dinner. My kids are 10, 6 and almost 2 and they all love it. My hubby on the other hand only eats the cooked stuff :)

Santa Clarita, CA
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

I just got this newsletter in my e-mail. Now thru February 29th use the promotion code 3winter for up to 50% off orchestra seats Monday thru Friday. (Not including Feb. 14th.)

I've seen this show twice. The first time, I came home and booked more tickets within an hour of getting home. The second time, my daughter did the same thing. GO SEE IT! It's spectacular!

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

My 8 year old loves sushi but I think Wicked would scare the pants off her.

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

There is a Kabuki Sushi at Sunset and Vine, only a few blocks from the Pantages theater. They have half-price sushi specials and lots of cooked items, and the restaurant is definitely kid-friendly. You could even park in the garage here and walk to the theater.

http://www.kabukirestaurants.com/

San Diego
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

Yes, my kids are sushi lovers... Thank you all for the input. We have the Wicked CD and are completely hooked. The 7 yr old has been bugging me about seeing the show after I told her the synopsis and istening to the CD. Should be fun.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,077 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

Kabuki is a nice Sushi place, not the best in LA by any stretch, but quite good. I also like Off Vine and the Fabiolus Cafe.

Mentioned in this post
Off Vine
Off Vine
258 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

Yeah, I would say that Katsu-ya is by far the better sushi restaurant nearby that would also served cooked dishes. But it is also extremely trendy, hard to get a reservation, and much more expensive. As far as kid-friendly, I guess if the kids are mature enough to go to Wicked, they are mature enough to eat at a fancy restaurant.

Kabuki is not the best sushi ever, but it is decent, better than some other places, has good prices, has a large variety of tasty cooked items, and lots of booths and tables suitable for a table for 4. Sushi Ike is also very good and close by, but the size of postage stamp, so not really kid- or pre-theater friendly.

10. Re: Wicked - Kids ages 7 & 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 19:17