We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios - Hollywood Vs Florida?

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
Universal Studios - Hollywood Vs Florida?

I'm trying to decide whether to visit Universal Hollywood when I am over in LA this summer.

Visited the Florida park a few years ago but not sure how different the 2 parks are? I know there are also new rides such as Simpsons which wasn't in florida when I was there. Would normally give it a miss but quite keen to do the studio tour at the Hollywood one

Any help would be good

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,314 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios - Hollywood Vs Florida?

The florida parks are a lot bigger with way more rides but the Hollywood studio backlot tour is actually a working studio unlike the florida version which could be interesting if you are into film and tv. Otherwise i would skip it if you already been to florida

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,994 posts
1,790 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios - Hollywood Vs Florida?

Florida has two universal parks.

If you compare Universal studios park only (exc IOA) then the LA one wins hands down in terms of atmospehere alone.

The studio tour is a definite plus in LA. The Orlando park thankfully does not pretend its a hollywood theme park and does not have a tram tour.

3. Re: Universal Studios - Hollywood Vs Florida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:17