We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do after universal

missouri
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what to do after universal

We are visiting universal studios on a tuesday(june 10th)After the park closes, we were wondering what would be a fun place to go that night. We heard that citywalk is just an expensive tourist trap. Where would a good place to eat be outside universal and then what would be fun to do that night. We have 5 teenagers with us ages 11-19.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do after universal

May want to consider eating at Miceli's - they are located right at the bottom of the hill that Universal Studio's sits on. Its Italian food, and they feature singing waiters / waitresses. Should at least satisfy those in your party toward the younger end of the age spectrum, but probably everyone will enjoy.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do after universal

Oh, I meant to include the link:

http://www.micelisrestaurant.com/

missouri
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do after universal

Thanks. Is this place moderately prices? Any other suggestions of what to do after dinner?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do after universal

Assuming you aren't already planning to do this at another time during your your trip, you could probably head over to Hollywood Blvd. and check out the Walk of Fame, the Kodak Theater, Mann's Chinese Theater, etc. Its not that far by car and I believe that you could also go via the red line which has a station in Universal City. As far as other fun things to do immediately around Universal Studios at night, I'm not sure that there is very much if you eliminate Citiwalk from the equation.

missouri
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do after universal

are those places open @ night during the week? is china town open late?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do after universal

Errrr..

Didn't Universal Studios have a very large fire today or yesterday? Will they be open by June 10th?

I would doubt it.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,732 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to do after universal

Universal opend the next day, fire was in a very smal area of the park.

I would also suggest to visit Hollywood after Universal, it is a vibrant neighbourhood at night with tons of fun bars and restaurants. Let us know what kinda food you like so we can suggest some good places for you to enjoy

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
670 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to do after universal

With 5 teenagers in tow, I genuinely would stay at Citywalk, actually. It is tonnes of fun, good choice of resturants etc and it looks great all lit up.

In fact, even if I didn't have 5 teenages with me I would still stay there.

missouri
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: what to do after universal

thank you for all your suggestions! We like to eat anything except maybe thai or something like that. obviously with 7 of us we really dont want to eat at an expensive place. I think we will eat a big breakfast in the morning before universal so that we can skip lunch/ just snack and have a decent dinner. we are staying at hollywood orchid suites.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,119 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what to do after universal

There are so many restaurants within walking distance of your hotel. I don't think it's a good idea to eat at one of the Citywalk restaurants, although it's festive and the kids might like it, it's overpriced, and you'll just be with other tourists, not locals. When on vacation, wouldn't you rather be with the locals are, instead of with the tourists, at dinner?

Miceli's is an excellent idea. Or consider having Mexican someplace like Antonio's or La Velvet Margarita or Lucy's El Adobe (some require a short car trip)