We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Airline fares for children

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Southwest Airline fares for children

I was trying to make a booking for 3 adults and 2 children age 8 and 10. However, there doesn't seems to be any fare for children. Infact I was only given a choice of 2+ or 65+. The website states that I've to call them direct to book for children. Anyone with children done this before? Will we be separated since we booked separately? The fare from San Diego to LV now is 69 per adult for one way on Dec 1. What's the fare like for children, worth making separate booking?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest Airline fares for children

There are no children's fares for domestic flights in the US. They pay the same price as adults. This is the case on all airlines. The only discounts that you normally receive for age is seniors, children under 2 flying on your lap (free) or children under two flying in a car seat (1/2 price of the standard fare, usually cheaper to buy discounted adult fare).

You only have to call direct to book children if the children are traveling solo (without parents). The fare is still the same - but certain paperwork is required.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest Airline fares for children

Yes, there is no such thing as children's fares. Fares are the same except for under 2 and over 65 in some cases.

Also, make sure to check www.Kayak.com as other airlines have sales too and fares could be cheaper than Southwest or you may have better time options.

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest Airline fares for children

Thanks for the infomation. No wonder I cannot find any child fare!

4. Re: Southwest Airline fares for children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 14:17