We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mapquest or Google

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Topic
Mapquest or Google

Hi

our fly drive holiday is 18 days away

and we need maps directions for our trip

Vegas to Anaheim then LA around the LA area then to palm springs and back to LAX

Which engine should i use for the most upto date info

Ant advise would be welocme

Thank you

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
175 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mapquest or Google

Hi

We've just returned from our holiday where we drove from San Francisco to Yosemite to Monterey down Highway 1 to Valencia, on to san Diego and then to Anaheim. I used Google maps and apart from Yosemite to Monterey all seemed to work fine (it could have been us missing a turn that messed up that one rather than dodgy directions!) I'm not sure whether Google took us on the best routes/most straightforward/quickest but they seemed to work for us and saved us quite a few dollars per day instead of hiring GPS.

Lesley

PS the guide timings for each journey that Google gave were pretty accurate too.

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mapquest or Google

GoogleMaps is far ahead of Mapquest these days. Mapquest was first, but it has been playing a futile attempt at catch-up since GoogleMaps came on the scene.

Having said that, "Vegas to Anaheim then LA around the LA area then to palm springs and back to LAX" is not going to challenge any mapping engine.

But, I do have a question. Why not slot Palm Springs between Vegas and Anaheim/LA? You're going to be doing some extra driving with your scenario.

California
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mapquest or Google

My boyfriend swears by Google Maps. But I think either one will give you accurate, relatively up-to-date information.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mapquest or Google

Hi,

I would def use Google. Mapquest is sometimes horrible. Actually almost everytime i have ever used it it would get me close to my destiation btu i would have to figure it out after that.

England
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mapquest or Google

Hi

Thanks for all your help i will use google

we doing it the wrong way around as we want to chill out for a few days before we fly back to the uk

Thank you

Annmarie

6. Re: Mapquest or Google

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 02:17