We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in LA in October

8 posts
Save Topic
Weather in LA in October

Hi,

We will be travelling to Los Angeles on our honeymoon in October. We will be spending 3 days in Santa Monica from 17th -20th October and will then be driving to San Francisco.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me of the weather at this time of year, both in Los Angeles and San Francisco

Thanks!

England
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in LA in October

Hi will be in LA west hollywood from the 6th november for 7 nights.

So was wondering the same,what is the weather like.

cheers Kev

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in LA in October

Unpredictable. Some years we have weather in the 90's (usually due to the Santa Ana winds), we've actually gone to the beach after pumpkin picking. Other years it is cold. The kids have worn heavy jacket at Halloween or have needed umbrellas due to rain.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,611 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in LA in October

LA might be warm, San Francisco will be cold. LA might be cold, too. It might be raining.

You'll need to check weather.com when you pack. We can't predict that time of year, there's no way to know the weather here in Oct or Nov.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,082 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in LA in October

I love Halloween and make sure to have my voodoo sticks out to keep the bad weathergods out of L.A. during that time so we can enjoy the festiveties ;-)

Honestly, we can not predict weather, october is the prime time for santa ana winds, which means try conditions, warm winds and of course wildfires.

During the Santa Anas you will enjoy spectacular views to say the least and it will be warmer at the beach then inland(normally it is the other way around), so you would be able to enjoy the beach

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in LA in October

On-going 10-day weather forecast of Hollywood (Los Angeles):

weather.com/outlook/…

On-going 10-day forecast of Santa Monica::

weather.com/outlook/…

On-going 10-day forecast of San Francisco::

weather.com/outlook/…

Just before you depart for your trip to the west coast, check these links for up-to-the-minute forecasts.

NOTE: for temperatures in Celsius, click on the "METRIC" link just above the horizontal blue stripe.

ESSEX
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in LA in October

Hi,

I also am going to La on the 15th october and doing the drive to San Francisco.

I have been researching the weather alot, as i am not sure what clothes to take with me. both reports from online and friendly advice from friends suggest that October in SF is one of the best times to go, warm/ even hot during the days and cool in the evenings, this is similar to LA...so no need for heavy knitwear!

can any suggest any good places to stay in LA? i have heard that some areas, you do not want to stay as the neighbourhoods are a little rough!?? wish i had found that out before booking the flights, LOL!

Thanks

DLESSEX

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,082 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in LA in October

No neighbourhood in L.A a tourist would be interested in is " rough" Santa Monica, Hollywood or West Hollywood are good places to stay in depending on your budget. Weather in octber usually is perfect, San Fran will be a lot cooler then Los Angeeles so the weather is certainly not the same

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,022 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in LA in October

DLESSEX, October is a good time to travel in CA. The average tempeture at LAX that time of year is 26c to a low of 16c. Just dress in layers. Bring a jacket for cool evenings.

Have you decided on a hotel budget, and will you have a car while you are in LA, before your drive up to SF?

9. Re: Weather in LA in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:18