We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MTV the Hills filming locations

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
MTV the Hills filming locations

I am just after the addresses etc for places seen on the hills like where lc used to work for vogue and where heidi works and the night clubs that they go to etc id love to just drive past and have a look. thanks

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

It's all here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_hills

Different restaurants are in each episode, mostly in Hollywood and West Hollywood, some in Koreatown. EaterLA.com has a list, do a search there.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Hey, how are these kids in this "reality show" able to drink and get into all the clubs??

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,857 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Well, on "The Hills" i am pretty sure they are all over 21. Back in the days when they were on Laguna Beach/High School, you usually see them drink from red plastic cups. It's up to your imagination if they actually drink alcohol(probably) or just some fruitpunch which is what the producer would tell you

There are 18+clubs in town and you dont need to be 21+ to go to some trendy restaurants

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Yeah, but when the Hills started, wasn't it supposed to be right after they graduated high school? So LC was supposedly 18, maybe 19. Yet she was clearly drinking alcohol that season.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

It's probably like all the other MTV shows. If you've ever watched the Real World, sometimes those kids aren't 21, yet there they are drinking up a storm at some club/bar. The show must somehow be able to get them alcohol when they go out.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,857 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Probably, some clubs brake the law to get more exposure for there establishment.

The Hollywood real world i think had only Tokio, a club that is now defunct with all the kids, even the underage once drinking. The other place was the comedy store which technically could always say it was a closed/private event which does not make it legal but they probably could get away with it in claiming that they one of the 21+ castmembers gave it to someone underage without there knowledge

As for the original poster question as i did not see it answered on the wikipedia link, Bolthouse/Sbe where heidi "works" is at 8000 Beverly Blvd in Hollywood

Teen Vogue is located at 6300 Wilshire Blvd which is in the mid wilshire district

As for the clubs, they are mostly in Hollywood like Les Deux(on Las Palmas/Hollyood) Opera(on schrader/hollywood) Area is in West Hollywood along La Cienega blvd as is Ketchup/restaurant owned by ashton kutcher which is at Sunset Plaza along Sunset Blvd

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Those Hills girls were definitely under 21 when the show started.

A lot of those places are nominally restaurant/lounge/bars so that underage celebs can get in. Or they can get in if it's for a private event.

And the City Council looks the other way, because they're so excited Hollywood is filled with clubs, restaurants, people, and tax dollars instead of streetwalkers and crack dealers.

defamer.com/hollywood/nightlife/teenage-sing…

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,857 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Well, Mood - a bigtime hollywood club got busted last year for exactly this reason. It's called unofficially the Lindsey Lohan law, so clubs at least in Hollywood are cracking down on letting underage celebs into there establishment.

I get request from publicist all the time now in gettingthere clients in, i am not touching it so always say that i am sorry but there is no way.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,465 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

As if on cue, today's LA Times has a map to the Hills locations, and an article about the tourist interest in The Hills and Entourage locations:

latimes.com/entertainment/…6404385.story

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,857 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MTV the Hills filming locations

Was just about to post this aswell. It is funny to me that people expect to run into the hills stars when going to locations that were featured on the show. It's not like that show is "real" in any regards