We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bradford West Yorks
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

Can anybody help I want to book flights from UK to LAX after 18th July 2009 and Iam looking for the best time to book cheap flights.There will be 2 Adults and a 13 year old child.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,056 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

I'm not sure that anyone can answer this question right now, There are so many variables:

a. Fluctuating fuel prices

b. Fluctuating exchange rates

c. World economies in turmoil

Of course, the best time to travel cheaply is anytime except summer so you won't find a CHEAP flight in July.

I would look at travel restrictions for different kinds of fares. Some airlines charge less for midweek departures or if you stay a certain number of days or include a Saturday in your stay. Do a little research to see if the prices are less on Wednesdays than on Mondays, for example.

You can also look at a website called farecast.com which forecast flight costs but I believe they only forecast 90 days into the future.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

I have spent quite a bit of time looking at flight prices for us to travel in July next year and have ended up booking with BA from Heathrow to LAX. They were the cheapest when I booked with good flight times and prices have actually come down a bit since then due to the fall in oil prices. Other airlines worth looking at are Virgin, Air New Zealand and BMI. If you have fixed dates and an itinerary to sort out I would book sooner rather than later as prices usually tend to go up the nearer the departure date. If you are flexible on dates however it may be worth hanging on as there can be some special offers about nearer the time. One site I have used in the past are My Vacations - their search facility usually comes up with some good prices (http://www.myvacations.co.uk/)

Travelbag(www.travelbag.co.uk/OnlineShop/index.html) is also another good option.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,781 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

Go to www.farecaster.com

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,201 posts
1,627 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

Also look at kayak.com.

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

July is high season and you will usually not find discounts. If there is a sale for July it will pop up in late April/early May.

Currently June is showing $550 and $650, and July is around $1000. Sorry!

Bradford West Yorks
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

I appreciate the points made so far, would I be better flying into Vegas?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
197 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

Probaby not as LA has far more flight options (and therefore more price competion). Worth a look though. What is your itinerary? If you are not planning to do the coast then that may be a better option anyway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

BMI/United fly direct into Vegas, so you can compare to those prices. Otherwise, LA would be cheapest. Select "nearby airports" in your searches on Kayak and Orbitz since there are some flights to SNA Airport that are often cheaper too (if you don't mind flights into Orange County where Disneyland is located, an hour from LA).

Also, keep in mind that Kayak is not searching AA.com right now, so check that website separately as they partner with British Airways and compare to Orbitz. If you find a fare on Orbitz, you'll usually pay a little less directly on the airline's website, so book there.

Also, if your dates are relatively flexible, do a flexible date search on Orbitz to see which days it's cheapest to fly. Usually, that's Tues-Thurs and on Sat.

July is high season as mentioned, so you won't find too many great deals and it may end up costly to wait till 1 month out when they will show up (if they ever do) since that's when airlines know if flights are undersold and try to fill up seats. Otherwise, I usually find best international deals about 5 months out.

Bradford West Yorks
Level Contributor
23 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

thanks for that will look at your sugestions

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Time to book cheapest floghts from UK to LAX for Jully 2009

i found flying into vegas was more expensive than flying into la...