We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

We will be driving to Los Angeles March 21-24 for the finals of the World Baseball Classic, being held at Dodger Stadium. I am not sure what the best place to stay would be. There are three games that we will have to go to and from the stadium for, all in the evenings. We were hoping to do some sightseeing during the daytime.

We have been to Dodger Stadium only once before, and got the impression that the area surrounding it is not too great, plus the traffic was the worst I have ever seen! We aren't looking for a luxury hotel (ideally less than $100/night), but would like to feel safe in the area we are staying in. Since we have to go to three games I was also hoping to find somewhere that is not super far away.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

The motel we stay and I recommend should work out fine. Comfort Inn West Sunset (link below) It is close to Dodger Stadium in the Echo Park/Silver Lake area. Of course I do not recommend walking around the area at night (although it is not that bad), but the motel has good security and a free parking garage. The only negative I have is that while the housekeeping is very good, you might find a slightly smokey odor in the halls and even in the non-smoking rooms. This did not bother us in this otherwise very good motel. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d272668-…

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,074 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

Dodger Stadium is just outside of downtown L.A. I would either stay in downtown (and take the @2 bus WESTBOUND from downtown to the Stadium) or stay in Hollywood just west of the stadium (further from downtown than the stadium) and take the same #2 bus EASTBOUND to the stadium.

I would consider the Comfort Inn (near Sunset Strip) in Hollywood. This is an area that is very safe to walk around in. It's at 7051 Sunset Bl. and it's in your price range.

The Hollywood Celebrity also has rooms in your price range (but only if you book them directly with the hotel -- hotelcelebrity.com). Most rooms have small kitchens so you can eat breakfast and keep refrigerated snacks in the room. This is a lively, central area of Hollywood.

For downtown hotels, consider the Ritz Milner (on 8th St & Flower) and keep an eye on Hotwire.com for deals on 4-star hotels in downtown.

Good luck!

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

You can usually get good deals on Hotwire for downtown hotels, but keep in mind that since you are driving, the parking fees can be very expensive. Around $30-40 per day, plus what you'll pay to park at Dodger Stadium

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

Your best bet might to stay Downtown, which is very close to Dodger Stadium. Lots of great choices there if you're looking for a "luxury" hotel, such as the Omni, Bonaventure, Wilshire Grand, Biltmore, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

You might consider the Metro Plaza Hotel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d7782…

Also, as mentioned earlier, look at Hotwire and trvelzoo for specials in downtown LA.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

Unless you are not having a car (rental or your own) be aware that virtually all downtown hotels charge for parking (up to $30 although I haven't checked lately...the Metro Plaza motel is less but even they charge something). The Comfort Inn West Sunset that I recommended in my post has a free parking garage.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

You really have to watch the parking fees at downtown hotels. Just the other day I was talking with a visitor who was astonished to pay $40 extra daily at the Biltmore.

As for the concerns about Silverlake and Echo Park, I don't think you should have any concerns about walking in those neighborhods. They have been transformed by gentrification. Sunset has become quite a funky street.

My new value hotel in downtown is the Rodeway Inn on Olympic just west of the 110. My family and I stay here now when visiting my mother-in-law who lives nearby. We pay $84 a night. It ain't fancy, but it is clean and comfortable. The staff are nice, too. Also, the Starline Tours do a pick-up and drop-off from here. Check it out.

Getting to Dodger Stadium isn't that tricky from the hotel. Just take Olympic to Figueroa. Turn north/left and go all the way to Sunset. Turn left/west on Sunset and go to Elysian Park Avenue. Turn right here and Dodger Stadium is right there. To get back, take Sunset back to downtown and turn right/south on Grand Avenue. It is two block east of Figueroa, which you don't want to take because it turns into a one-way street! Take Grand all the way to Olympic and turn right/west on Olympic.

If you stay in downtown, be sure to pick up a copy of the Downtown News. This is a free weekly and it contains an excellent map of greater downtown. You'll be surprised by how much there is to see and do. The Starline tour of downtown is very helpful.

HTH

8. Re: Hotel for World Baseball Classic at Dodger Stadium in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 14:19