We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Jimmy Kimmel taping question

I am wondering if anyone can answer a question for me please? I have requested tickets to see Jimmy Kimmel for a Thursday taping and now I wouldn't mind going on another night too. Does anyone know if they let you go to two tapings in one week?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Might not officially, but you can always come to the theater the day you would like to go and request another ticket. I've done JK more then once within the week with no problem at all

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Thanks Alex. Should I show up about an hour before the show or is that too soon/late? Is there just one line for everyone or do the people with tickets just have to check in and wait until they let us in?

Thanks again!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

You can get tickets all day long outside the theater on the days teay are taping

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Thanks Alex!

california
Level Contributor
894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

unless kimmel has a big star like the jones brothers..tickets are easy to get. they give them out all day at the front door of the theater.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

I already have tickets (Matthew McConaughey is there the day we go!!!!) and I was wondering what time we had to show up for the taping. On the Kimmel website, it says 45 mins before the show starts but in order to sit a little closer to the front should we be there even earlier than that? Also, it says that the show tapes at 5pm. Does that mean that we'll be out of there around 6:30 or so? We thought we'd go to Mel's for dinner and catch a movie at Mann's, across the street. Is there a parking place that is convenient to all of these places that doesn't charge an arm and a leg?.

Thanks again!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

The earlier you come does not equal on where you are sitting. An audience coordinator will assign you a seat. No worries though, the studio is not big and every seat is fairly close to the stage

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,943 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Park in the Hollywood and Highland Center Mall which is in the center of your three destinations. Maximum parking charge is $10 for the day but if you have your parking ticket stamped -- we say "validated' at a shop in the mall (you must make a purchase, like a cup of coffee, to get this validation) the rate is less: the first 4 hours of parking are $2; subsequent time is charged at $1 for each additional 20 minutes (or $3 per hour)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

Thanks so much everyone for your help and tips for Kimmel and parking. We're good to go!

10. Re: Jimmy Kimmel taping question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 01:17