We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which car rental company?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Which car rental company?

I've read on this forum about Delux car rental. It seems to be getting a bad rap. I can get a sweet deal on a car from them that I'm very close to securing, but am concerned about the bad rap it got on here. Does anyone have any up to date info on the company? Has it improved?

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which car rental company?

They've gotten a lot of bad reviews here over the past few years. Prices are low but service seems lacking and they won't let you out the door until you've purchased their insurance waivers.

What dates do you need a car for? Do you have AAA or AARP?

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which car rental company?

Am coming out to So. Cal 2.26 for 6 days. Need to pick up a rental at LAX. I've used Dollar and had no problem, then used Fox in San Diego last year and their pick up office was a nightmare as far as pick up from the airport and the actual picking up of the car....took forever........... I was looking at the special at Delux for 199 for the week for a PT cruiser convt. and I'd like that, but don't want to go through the hassle with Delux if it's that bad. I have AARP, tho that really isn't much of a discount, also have AMEX.

Any help is appreciated.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,985 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which car rental company?

Try bidding on a car on Priceline.com. We have done that, and got a convertible in Hawaii for $24 a day. If you get your bid accepted, it will only be with one of the major companies (Alamo, Dollar, Hertz, Budget, Enterprise). I would go that route. We saved a ton of money. I would never use priceline for anything else, but you can't go wrong with a rental car through them.

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which car rental company?

Thanks so much. I'm always hesitant about doing a Priceline type thing in case I need to cancel at the last minute, but maybe I'll do that right before we go!

California
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which car rental company?

Book something with Thrifty.com, promo code AX10.

You can always cancel should you find something better.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which car rental company?

Check with E-Z car company

Orland Park...
Level Contributor
327 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which car rental company?

I couldn't find e-z car company.

perth western...
Level Contributor
176 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which car rental company?

i used howire and got a basic 4 door car for $20 per day plus taxes whichwas really good consideing amount of research i did

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which car rental company?

Heres the page www.e-zrentacar.com

Give me your dates, I will find you.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
187 reviews