We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation options.

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation options.

First of all, I know I make many but many changes, the good thing is that I dont get charge of it, second I know that with a car is easier to travel in L.A.

And third because of the car, I have search many options, and I saw in Alamo that I have discount as a Mexican, yes!!, so please help me with these two options:

Alamo, in LAX

260 dollars for a chrysler sebring convertible or a cadillac dts, plus insurance

Midway Car Rental- In my hotel

180 dollars for a toyota camry plus insurance

plus the transportation between LAX and the Beverly Hilton, that would be like more and less 150 because one way I want to try in Limo and back in taxi.

I know you would say Alamo is cheaper in total, but maybe some recomendations you want to give me. I will be travelling in April

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation options.

Why are you comparing the price of a Cadillac to the price of a Toyota? Seems like you should compare the prices of the two companies with the same size automobile.

Check with your Credit Card, they may offer collision insurance while you are driving in the USA?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation options.

Well, so thinking the price of Alamo is very good, I will try to check another car.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation options.

Well yes you are totally right, Alamo is very cheap but I had a problem with them in Mexico, also with bufget and thrifty, the only time I rent on the U.S. was with thrifty and it was good.

SO maybe it will be a limo for 45 minutes and a camry for the rest of the 5 days, but its better a cadillac DTS for the 5 days.

One question: I have a GPS and I saw that you make like 20 minutes from LAX to my destination, and many people tell me 45 minutes, obviously I belive in people, but is more because traffic?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation options.

Sorry but a Cadillac Dts is better than a Buick Lucerne, we dont have Buick.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation options.

Ok now the question is this: for 260 dollars with Avis in LAX I have a Buick Lucerne and for the same with Alamo I have a cadillac, maybe is better the cadillac but is better with Alamo?

Also the question about the GPS.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation options.

Avis and Alamo both are reputable companies.

The Buick Lucerne is a nice car, and so is the Cadillac DTS. The Cadillac is a luxury car while the Buick is considered more of an "old man's" car. Both will be very comfortable. The Cadillac will be more noticeable, if that is a concern to you. Also, I believe the Cadillac takes premium gas while you can use regular gas with the Buick.

The drive takes 20 minutes with no traffic. However, there's usually a lot of traffic, so 45 minutes is not uncommon.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation options.

If it were me, I'd take the convertible instead of the couch-mobiles.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation options.

Do you think a convertible is good for April? And is only have space for 1 big luggage.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation options.

The weather probably will be fine. In fact, I think the convertible would be a better option! If it turns out to be raining when you come, which will be highly unlikely, you can always request a different car.

The only problem with many convertibles is trunk space. I suggest renting something like the Chrysler Sebring (www.chrysler.com/en/2009/sebring_convertible). It has much more room in the trunk than the Ford Mustang, for example, although I'm sure the Mustang can still hold everything you have.

I checked the Alamo and Avis sites, and they both rent Chrysler Sebring. I noticed on the Alamo site that the convertible rental costs the same as the Cadillac DTS, which is only a few dollars more than the Buick Lucerne. You should be fine with any of those! :)

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation options.

But it says that it only have space for 2 small pieces of luggage and I will have 2 medium and one small, but still Im not using all the seats so.. I can change car because of weather?