We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

I'll be driving from LAX airport to Las Vegas later this month and am planning to leave LAX at around 6am in the hope of getting to Vegas in plenty of time for lunch.

Can anyone tell me what the traffic is generally like in Los Angeles at this time? I'm hoping that, because it will be a Sunday, it won't be as bad as some of the horror stories that I've heard!

Also, can anyone recommend a route for this time and day of the week?

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

Lightest traffic of the week, should be a breeze. I think the route is 105East to 110North to 10East to 15north. But take a map and tune to newsRadio for the traffic report that will let you know of any lovely BigRigs turning over.

London
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

Brilliant - thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
640 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

I'd just take I105 east to the 605 freeway (where the 105 ends), the 605 north to I210 (where the 605 ends) and the 210 east to I15 north (no longer where the 210 ends).

Traffic won't/shouldn't be a problem because there's usually no roadwork done on Sundays and the crowds will be heading back to LA instead of on the way to Vegas. Baker is a good place to stop and stretch your legs. Not much there, but it does have food and fuel. So does the outlet mall exit in Barstow.

When in Vegas, will you have time for a (long) day trip into Death Valley National Park?

4. Re: Driving from LAX to Las Vegas on a Sunday morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:19