We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

I am staying at the Hyatt Andaz in West Hollywood for a few days & then head off to the Huntington Beacy Hyatt. What is the best way to get there without renting a car? Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

I'd reconsider renting a car. This is LA, the city designed and built with the automobile in mind. People without cars are "off grid" and it's harder to get around.

The best way without a car is a van service- Super Shuttle, Prime Time Shuttle, or Karmel Shuttle. All three have good service.

HB is not well-served by rail....you can take OC Transit buses but it will take a long time and could be a pain if you have lots of luggage.

Mentioned in this post
Karmel Shuttle
Karmel Shuttle
122 Reviews
Fullerton, CA
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,481 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

Super Shuttle and Prime Time shuttle only transfer to or from an airport, cruise port or rail station -- not 'hotel to hotel'.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,355 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

Without renting a car, you would have to take a taxi or ride public transportation.

You would need to do some research on the web sites for LA Metro www.metro.net to get from the Andaz to Union Station, then check Metrolink at www.metrolinktrains.com or Amtrak www.amtrak.com to get to Anaheim, then OC Transit www.octa.net to get from Anaheim to the Hyatt in Huntington Beach.

It's possible, I'm sure, but really a hassle.

I'd bite the bullet, pull out the credit card and get a taxi to take me.

Mentioned in this post
Union Station
Union Station
1,529 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach
Orange County, CA
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

Thanks for all your input. The folks at Hotel Andaz found a towncar service.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
18,166 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

A towncar, nice!!!

Btw, the city was not designed for caruse at we had one of the biggest trainsystems in the world here way back in the 1920's

6. Re: West Hollywood to Huntington Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2009, 06:35