We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lax city tour sightseeing

houston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
Save Topic
Lax city tour sightseeing

Please advice me,we have 5 hrs in Lax while coming back from our international trip....Flight arriving at 10am we can reach Lax downtown till 12pm connecting flight is at 6pm to houston, so basically we have 5hrs. What we can see, we are more interested to take city tour bus so we can see most popular places.

Let me know which tour bus will be better to take, and what best we can see in 5hrs, how much it will cost and where we can go easily and buy ticket?...

From lax airport to Lax downtown we need to take Taxi or any another time consuming cheap transportation option.

Thanks.

A Day in LA Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours
We Love LA Tour
Private Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Another Side Of Los Angeles Tours
Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Bikes And Hikes LA
Equipment Hire, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,340 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lax city tour sightseeing

First -- LAX is the name of the airport, only. The city is LA. There is no "LAX downtown".

5 hours is not enough time to see LA. It is an enormous city and the airport is about an hour from typical tourist sights (2 hours round trip).

Will your luggage be checked through? If so, I wouldn't go further away than Venice, and you'll need to take a taxi, which is about $20 each way.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,985 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lax city tour sightseeing

You won't have 5 hours. If your flight arrives at 10 (assuming it is on time), then you won't be off the plane, down the concourse, through passport control, baggage claim, customs and onto the street until 11:30 - noon. It will take 30-40 minutes to get anywhere in L.A. and you'llhave to be back for your onward flight by 5 pm. So the 5 hours between 12 and 5 will include the 30-40 minute round trip transportation between the airport and the city so that leaves 4 hours, at most, for touring. Of course, that time could be shortened if you flight is late in arriving, customs is especially crowded, your arriving flight has to wait on the tarmac for a gate to 'open up', etc, etc. City tours are all 4 to 5 hours and they begin at either 9 or 9:30 a.m. or there is one departing from Santa Monica at 1:30 pm (ending at Santa Monica at around 5:30 (which is too late for you to make your connecting flight).

You could take a taxi into Hollywood and see the Walk of Fame and then hop on a bus for the 20 minute ride to the Farmers Market/the Grove. The concierge at the Grove (next to the escalators to the giant parking structure there) can call you a taxi for your return trip to LAX.

houston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lax city tour sightseeing

Hi There,

Can you please let me know where are Celebrities houses. As per my time period is this the best option to roam around.

Celebrities houses are in HOLLYWOOD or somewhere else, i think they do have tour also for that. Please let me know.

thanks.

4. Re: Lax city tour sightseeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:18