We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two week trip in April including San Fran and Laguna

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Two week trip in April including San Fran and Laguna

I'm pretty sure this has been covered before in the LA Forum, so please excuse me if this question is one you get a lot! I can't seem to find something that fits exactly!

We are thinking of making a trip to California next Easter break (1st two weeks of April). Our party will consist of 2 adults and a 13 year old boy. We plan to fly into San Francisco, spend a couple of nights there, and then drive down the coast to LA, possibly stopping at Monterey or Carmel on the way. We'd like to spend some time in LA, including a visit to Magic Mountain, and then spend at least 5 days at Laguna before flying home from LAX.

Please can I get some advice on the following:

1. Are we mad to try and cram all this into 2 weeks?

2. Would we be better off flying down from San FRancisco to LA?

3. Are there any particular things that would appeal to my 13 year old, non-sporty, completely computer game obsessed son?? (He's really looking forward to Alcatraz and Magic Mountain!).

4. Is there enough to do at Laguna apart from sunbathing and swimming? And is April a good time for the beach or will it still be too cold?

Sorry to provide such a list but any advice and help would be greatly appreciated as this is our first trip to California and we really want to get the most out of it. Any recommendations of places to stay would be good too - we're pretty self-sufficient and tend to go for self-catering type accommodation - aparthotels etc.

Thanks very much for any help offered!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,473 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two week trip in April including San Fran and Laguna

1. 2 weeks is plenty of time.

2. The drive is beautiful and well worth it, but long, so do an overnight or two along the way

4. April is still cold - unless there's a heatwave. That much time in Laguna is too long, at that time of year. 3 days, perhaps.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,889 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two week trip in April including San Fran and Laguna

What were you planing on doing 5 days in Laguna, especially if the weather will be a little cool?

Maybe look into adding a night in Santa Barbara and a extra day or two in L.A.(Magic Mountain will easily be a entire day from morning to night)

3. Re: Two week trip in April including San Fran and Laguna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2009, 05:29