We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Hi there,

we (hubby and I) are staying at The Hollywood Walk of fame Holiday inn Express 1921 North Highland Avenue. We have booked our tickets for Universal, we want to do a Hollywood tour and Rodeo drive as well.

We arrive early monday afternoon, depart early Thursday morning.

We have our Universal Studios on Tuesday.

So that leaves Monday, Tuesday night and all day Wednesday to fill up with an iteniary. does anyone have a suggested iteniary?

Would like the above attractions and some reasonable or cheap nice restaurants as well please. Also if there is any unmisssable shop or beauty thing. Am on a bit of a budget.

Thank you very much for any assistance. :)

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,332 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Please read our FAQs at the top of the Los Angeles forums, especially What to Do, as we have 1 and 2 day sample itineraries.

Take the tour and visit Hollywood the afternoon you arrive.

Dinner at nearby Loteria!, for sure. You can find information about it on yelp.com

Will you have a car?

west
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Griffith Observatory! (closed Mon)

Hollywood Bowl!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,005 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Here is a copy and paste of a reply I gave to someone else in the same area.

Ah Hollywood & Highland.... I like the Pig & Whistle, The Grill, Musso & Frank, Yamashiro's, Miceli's, Mel's Diner, Waffle, Loteria Grill, Fabiolus Cafe‎ and Off Vine if they have reopened by the time you get here.

You can research these places on yelp.com or chowhound.com or here on TA (for most of them).

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Hi Guys,

Thanks a mill. It's late here so I will check these out in the morning and post back. You are most helpful. Thanks a bunch. :)

ireland
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

Hi,

No we won't have a car. We are mybe renting one fro a day to drive to L.A. only. When we leave L.A. we are renting a car for the remainder of the holiday though. So none whilst in L.A. w

Tours

Mon

Do they run in the evening, don't want a very long one. What is the nearest point where we can get one please.

Tue

Lie in a little. Universal Studios in the late afternoon and night. Nearest and handiest transport route to this??.

Wed

???

Thur

Depart.

I have read yogachic's faq, excellent but I'm departing in a few days and have little research time left. There seems alot. Excellent though. Thank you.

Thanks guys. I will look at the restaurants now.

6. Re: Nearby attractions and restaurants to our hotel??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 05:17