We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

I have a show booked at 8 Pm for Spamalot, does anyone have a good suggestion for dinner/drinks after the show? - thanks :)

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

Tons of nice places in downtown not far from the theater - what sort of cuisine and budget were you thinking of?

A few ideas in downtown:

Water Grill (seafood)

Zucca (Italian)

Nic & Stef's (steak)

Daily Grill

Roy's

McCormick & Schmick's

The Standard Hotel (I don't personally like the restaurant here which is on the ground floor, but the rooftop bar offers terrific views of the downtown skyline)

Takami Sushi and Elevate Lounge - another rooftop bar / restaurant in downtown - also has great views of the city and serves Japanese cuisine

Or you could head somewhere like Empress Pavilion or Yang Chow's in China Town for Chinese food.

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

not to worried about the budget, cuisine wise I like anything apart from seafood. I am looking for somewhere which might be a little different or offer good views and be a los angeles experience

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

I like Yang Chow in China Town

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,008 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

Historically, downtown hasn't really offered the kind of experience you're looking for -- late night, upscale dining. Your options have tended to be more proletarian like The Pantry or chains like IHOP or Denny's. None of which, obviously, fit the bill. However, this is changing.

Still, I can't think of a place which meets your requirements completely as an L.A. experience. The best I can suggest for after the show dining would be some of the restaurants at L.A. Live. Boca seems to have the latest hours. Others like the Yard House go late on the weekends. You can look for yourself.

www.lalive.com/content.php…

However, you may want to alter your plans to get dinner before the show and then go for drinks afterwards. This will open up your options exponentially. Tons of great restaurants before the show. Tons of great bars and clubs afterwards. If you're willing to consider that, you'll have a lot more options. Truth be told, L.A. isn't a late-night dining city.

HTH

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

The last time we went to the Ahmanson we ate at Kendall's Brasserie which I think was in or near the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.

www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php…

We're going to a Spamalot matinee next month and I think we'll go to Pete's Cafe & Bar for lunch and drinks before the show.

http://www.petescafe.com/

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

A more upscale option now available is Rivera

They have a late night option Thurs-Saturdays

riverarestaurant.com/index.php?time-place

(Turn off the website music...so annoying!)

I'm assuming you are driving or using a taxi, it's closer to Staples than the Ahmanson. They have valet parking but that late you also might get a street parking spot.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

I usually like Cafe Pinot, good food and the location(especially the patio) is just incredible

There is also takami for sushi which is a rather hip spot on the 23rd floor ( www.elevatelounge.com) with excellent food. Daily Grill is just across the street with some fine american food

California
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

Are you looking for something real close to the theatre? Walking distance??

NZ
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

well based on the advice e are thinking about dinner before the show now rather than after as there will be more options.... so it does not have to be exactly walking distance because we will have a car

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
14,598 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner after the Amahesen Theatre

I think Pete's is a good advice as it is rather casual, close and also good for some drinks before the show..