We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet use in Santa Monica area?

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
internet use in Santa Monica area?

We are thinking about leaving our laptop at home and I was wondering if there was an internet café type of business in the Santa Monica area that I could use? I've never used one before and I am assuming that I can check in on-line for our return trip home and print our e-tickets that we'll need to board our flight. Is this correct?

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
6,816 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

I've noticed many hotels have PC's available. Contact your hotel.

HTH

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

We are staying in a condo that we rented from the VRBO listings. Thanks for the suggestion though.....!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

Those a thing of the past, unfortunately. The Santa Monica Public Library, however, has computers for public use. The main branch is on Santa Monica Blvd at 5th Street. There's also a branch on Montana and 17th.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

Thanks yogachik! That will save us from lugging our laptop around....

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

There are plenty of $1 computers all around coffeeshops in Santa Monica. The Hostel on 2nd street has some aswell. At the library I think you would need a library card(or maybe they have 15 min free computer use like the L.A.Library System has for non card holders)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

When I looked at the website for the library I got the feeling that they had free WiFi but that you had to use your own laptop. So that wouldn't work for us. Alex, any coffee shops with a computer to use for a buck would be awsome. Any one in particular that you can think of near Ocean Avenue's pier area?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

I know this cafe on Broadway(not sure about the name), that is right between 2nd and 3rd street(promenade) I think the adress is 225 Broadway. It has been there for years and they have multiple $1 computers there

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
672 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

Thanks Alex I'll have a look for it next week. Think I might try google maps too. Great tool I use all the time when I can't remember an exact address or a business name! Gotta love modern technology.

gabbagabba

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

Almost all libraries now have computers that you can use on a pay for time basis. I can't imagine that Santa MOnica does not have them.

The Free Wi-Fi (for laptop users) is a different service. I would call the library.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13,728 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: internet use in Santa Monica area?

Dont know of any library in so cal that charge you for internet use. It is free.

At some you might need a library card, the L.A. Library will provide you with 15 min limit use computers if you dont have a card. There are limited amount of those computers, so you might have to wait in a line to use those. Considering there are plenty of $1 computers at coffeeshops or cybercaffe shops all around town, I think it is hardly worth dealing with the library unless you have a membershipcard