We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

Wanting to do tour of LA. Hop on, hop off tour appeals as it is open top double decker and it gives the chance to get off and wander around places that are of interest . Also considering Grant Tour of LA by Starline Tours but you do not get the chance to get off the bus very often and difficult to take photos and video through bus windows. Just wondering if anyone has done the above tours and if so, what are your opinions.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

Make sure the tour you select hits downtown. It is certainly the most interesting tour with varied sights to see. Most of which you never had any idea about. But, that's the point of travel.

HTH

Leicester
Level Contributor
306 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

Thanks for reply. Prefer to do tour with commentary otherwise think we will miss so much if driving round LA ourselves.

N Ireland-UK
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

I have done this twice and would not so again, I only done it last time as my friends wanted to try it out. The voice is all pre recorded and by the time your past somewhere there only speaking about it so you miss out on seeing what their talking about. I prefer somone on the bus who you can ask questions to and find out about things its not the usual hop on hop off tour Im used to in other states. I would not recommend it try another company if you can.

4. Re: Starline Hop-on, Hope off double decker fun tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:18