We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport time for procedures on arrival?

Moscow
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Airport time for procedures on arrival?

We should arrive at about 6 pm. on the international flight to LAX in april on wedenesday.

Could we get an estimate how long does it usually take to go through the customs etc. at that time of day and that day of the weak?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport time for procedures on arrival?

It really just depends on how many other flights are arriving around the same time as yours, and how many customs agents are on duty. It can take anywhere from 20-30 minutes, or an hour or two.

Moscow
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport time for procedures on arrival?

Thanks a lot, MatchTree!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport time for procedures on arrival?

More important is whether your luggage is first off or last off.

I got in with no other flights ahead of me and a full complement of officers. And no questions or luggage searches.

Because my bags came down toward the end, it took an hour.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport time for procedures on arrival?

Your flight is straight from Moscow to LA?

Because if you have a stop at another US airport that is where you need to go through CBP.

5. Re: Airport time for procedures on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 08:16