We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX nearby hotel/motel

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
LAX nearby hotel/motel

We are flying into LAX in late Sept, as we have a 10hour wait for our flight to Orlando we would like to book a really close hotel/motel to have a shower etc. (We are flying in from NZ so will have had a 12hour flight). Also our ticketing for the flights are Auckland to Orlando, other Question is we get our bags clear customs then can we recheck our bags instead of carrying them for that 10hours? Any help would be much appreciated.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

I have stayed at the Sheraton LAX. It was five years ago, and the reason was one night stop over imposed by flight schedules for cheap flights. I am used to budget hotels, but I found this hotel to be really great. It has a free shuttle from and to the airport that is very frequent, so easy access. check in depending on time of day can be a bit of a wait, as you all arrive together, but you may find you get in at a very non peak time.

as for checking you bags, I am not sure. I do know you must go through customs at the first airport you get to in USA. there is NO luggage storage at LAX for security reasons. We flew in from Canada , and had to take our bags with us, despite flying ontoanother US destination next. And when I tried to book in our bags on incoming flight early ( only 4 hours early) was not allowed to do that.. we had to wait until 2 hours before flight. We only wanted to get rid of them to go somewhere and eat with friends.

Someone else may have better info, but My guess is you are stuck with your bags for the duration.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

As to rechecking your bags, it would depend:

a) is your flight to Orlando booked through the same airline as your flight to LA. If you, you can probably recheck them in the customs area after all inspections have been completed, etc.

b) if the Orlando flight is through a different airline, you'd probably need to make your way over to whatever terminal that airline uses, and check them in there. However, you'll want to check with that airline in advance as they might not accept checked baggage that far in advance of the flight.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

A budget choice might be the LAX Travelodge. Look at Hotwire for choices too. They often have very good rates on airport area hotels.

Edited: 10 March 2010, 16:36
Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

Thank you for your replies, the airline we are flying is air new zealand and the 1 to Orlando is United but a code share so we will check.

Re the hotel/motel question as we arrive at 9,30 in the morning and our flight is 10 hours later, are there hotels/motels that will let us book a room for that period, we do not mind the cost as I fly from Australia to NZ have a 4hour wait then on to LAX, so to have a decent lie down and shower will be great.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

We have just returned from the States. We stayed at the Marriott 10mins from the LAX for a Xena Convention and we found it really comfortable and reasonable in price. ($130 night US dollars). They have a really nice pool, spa and a well equipped gym, as well as a Starbucks, a couple of restaurant and a bar. They also have a free shuttle service from the airport and return.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

All the hotels in the LAX area are quite used to providing "Day" rates for connecting passengers. Often they are not discounted from the regular nightly rates, but they will try to have a room available early. I would book, then send the hotel an email to explain your situation. I'm sure they will try to accomodate you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

www.travelodgelax.com

www.haciendahotel.com

www.fourpointslax.com

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

Thank you to all who replied

9. Re: LAX nearby hotel/motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 05:17