We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation LA to Vegas

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St-lambert
Level Contributor
903 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation LA to Vegas

Hello

I want to use public transport to Las Vegas, from LA, I know people will say take a flight, only 1 hrs, but you have to be two hrs at the airport and time when arriving. Wich bus company offer the service , any comfy bus type do this trip ?

Merci

Sylvain

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,861 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation LA to Vegas

Greyhound.com

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation LA to Vegas

The flight will save you a couple of hours, even with all the airport early arrivals and hassle. More to the point, however, its cost is really about the same.

In any case, Lux Bus is one way to go via bus:

http://www.luxbusamerica.com/index.php

Greyhound too.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,513 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation LA to Vegas

You only need to be at the airport 1 hour before for flights to Las Vegas and when you arrive in Las Vegas, the airport is only 5 to 10 minutes from the hotel zone. If you plan to stay in Manhattan or Hermosa Beach (as you've mentioned in your other thread), it will take 2 hours to reach the nearest Greyhound Bus station using public transit. It would be much faster (3 hours or so) to fly since you'll already be at LAX when you transfer to a bus for the Greyhound station in downtown Los Angeles.

Adelaide, Sth Aust
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation LA to Vegas

We used Lux Bus in April. I thought it was a great way to travel.

We slept most of the way back as we were exhausted after a quick trip to Vegas, but even going there i thought the 4.5/5 hours went very fast. A no fuss way to go. They picked us up from our hotel in Anaheim, but they had also collected others from LA hotels that joined the bus. We stayed at Harrahs which was one of the drop offs. I would use this service again as we are planning on returning sometime soon!!

5. Re: Transportation LA to Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 05:16