We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from LA to Anaheim

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting from LA to Anaheim

My family and I are thinking staying a few days in LA (possibly Hollywood area) before proceeding to Anaheim for our Disney holiday.

I notice most transfers are from LAX to Anaheim.

How can I get from my hotel in Hollywood to a hotel in Anaheim ?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

There are a couple of choices:

The first is Lux Bus, luxbusamerica.com/hotel-shuttle-bus-service.… They will pick you up at your Hollywood hotel and drop you at your Anaheim hotel, for $32 per person.

A taxi would be the second choice - since the taxi is going to charge you the same amount regardless of the number of passengers, if there are many people traveling with you it might come out cheaper than the Lux Bus. I'd expect that taxi fare would be anywhere from $110-125 or more, however, plus a tip for the driver.

The third option is to go via public transportation - less convenient, especially with a lot of luggage, but probably a bit cheaper than the taxi/lux bus options. To do this, you'd take the red line subway from Hollywood (your hotel will likely be near the Hollywood Blvd. and Highland Ave. station, or the Hollywood Blvd. and Vine St. station) towards Union Station, and exit the subway at Union Station. Info on the red line at www.metro.net

From Union Station, you'd take the Metrolink Orange County Line train, or the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner train, to the Fullerton station. (www.metrolinktrains.com and www.amtrak.com) Amtrak is more expensive, but their trains run more often throughout the day. Metrolink is cheaper, but as its primarily targeted towards commuters, their schedule is concentrated around the morning and evening commutes to/from work.

Once at the Fullerton station, you'd take OCTA (Orange County Transit Authority) bus 43 to Disneyland, then you'd probably need to walk a bit to your hotel. www.octa.net

If you use Metrolink instead of Amtrak, you'd be looking at $1.50 per person for the Red Line subway, $7.50 per person for Metrolink, and $1.50 for OCTA bus 43, so just over $10 total per person.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,065 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

Just a small addition to Mach's thorough presentation...

Once at Fullerton Station, you could take a taxi to your Disneyland-area hotel -- about $12 compared to $1.50 per person, on the bus, and of course, much quicker and more direct.

There are also limo services that will make this trip. Zippy Shuttle (zippyshuttle.net) gets favorable reviews on this site. Email them for a quote at zippyshuttle@gmail.com

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

By the way, Amtrak is $11 from Union Station to Fullerton for adults, and $10 for children, vs $7.50 for Metrolink as mentioned earlier.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

I believe the Metrolink train ticket is good for a free transfer to OCTA bus bus, but this would not be true for an Amtrak train ticket.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

Thank you very much.

You've all been most helpful !

Anyone has tips on best places to visit with children.

And best (most convenient and comfortable) hotel to stay in ?

Cheers

6. Re: Getting from LA to Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 07:16