We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

I made a round trip reservation with PRIME TIME Shuttle. On the printout that gives the reservation number there is an area for the pick-up time and for instructions. When I was picked up on the way to the airport, I asked the driver what to do when I returned. He said to go to the shuttle area and the PRIME TIME SHUTTLE would be there. On return, my elderly mother and I did just that at the reserved time on the reservation confirmation. There was NO SHUTTLE, NO PRIME TIME MANAGER. A friendly manager from SUPER SHUTTLE told me I needed to CALL PRIME TIME. My mother did not have a cell phone. If she was traveling alone, she would have been stuck! I called PRIME TIME TWICE AND FINAin. LLY THEY SENT THE SHUTTLE 32 MINUTES LATE. We sat is the sun and it was very unpleasant and uncomfortable. The van arrived and on the side was printed "If we're not in time, you don't pay" - or something like that. I called for a refund after explaining and they refused citing the agreement form which evidently "on time" refers only to pick-ups other than the airport. I won't be using them again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

You seem to have little experience with using shuttles but that is quite a common operating procedure. This is an issue with all shuttle companies -- the pick up times do vary sometimes and calling them to alert that you are expecting a pickup is a must do for smaller companies that have fewer vans.

A toll free number is provided and calling from the terminal works. I usually call from baggage claim area. This way our wait time is minimal once we exit the terminal

If time is important then a cab is the way to. Shuttles are cheaper because they operate differently.

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

Prime Time is generally OK but they have their moments....That said, I've used PT, Super Shuttle, and several others. As they drop me off at the airport (not always LAX), they always instruct me on returning to: Claim my baggage if any, Call from a courtesy phone or my cell, Wait at a certain spot (which they usually point out if it's visible). The only time I've ever waited more that 10 minutes was when I unexpectedly needed a shuttle with no reservation.

Sorry it went badly, it sounds like your driver didn't give you explicit instructions or you didn't hear the step about calling.

Edited: 21 July 2010, 06:48
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

I've never heard of a shuttle that shows up without the preliminary call (planes are late, shuttles are held in holding pens until they have a fare, they're not allowed to circle endlessly any more). That's why they all have the courtesy phones inside the airport (or at least, the ones we use do).

Call before you get your luggage and timing is usually pretty close. They can circle once or twice or even thrice without people inside as long as they have proof (your reservation) that they are picking you up. But there is a limit to their access to the airport at LAX to prevent them attempting to snag fares.

You have to call.

Los Angeles...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

Hey big1green,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully I can help and explain why we can't honor the "On Time or its Free" guarantee when we pick-up from the airport:

Pick-ups at the airport can be tricky. There are a lot of variables that make it hard to pin-point when a customer is going to actually be at the curb.

For instance, a passenger may not get to the luggage claim for 5 minutes or 15 minutes depending upon if they were at the front or rear of the plane...

Then another 5 to 15 minutes if their luggage came out first or last...

Even more so if their flight was delayed... or early! Or if they had to use the restroom... got lost... customs... missing luggage... etc.

If we were to force a specific appointment time, it would be the passenger that would have a really hard time sticking to it and it would really be out of their control as to what time they got to the curb which isn't fair...

ALSO... the airport doesn't allow shuttles to wait inside the airport. Imagine the traffic with 100 vans parked inside...

Which is why we try to have enough vans ready and waiting nearby, but can't always be waiting at the curb because we don't know exactly when passengers will be at the curb...

We would have A LOT more angry customers if we showed up at the exact appointment time and left right away (security doesn't let you wait) if the customer wasn't there...

AND the airport actually charges every time a van drives through! So we can't just have them circling until the passenger is ready...

So we wait till the customer gets to the curb to send a shuttle in. You can call when your off the plane and tell us your coming out and that usually helps to reduce the wait time or at least start the process.

As for no one being around to help you. There are still a few odd hours that we don't have a manager at every terminal and were improving that.

Please do feel free to give me a call and we can talk about what happened and how we can ensure you give us another chance, now that your a bit more familiar with how it all works.

Bobby Gibson

Marketing Manager

Prime Time Shuttle

1-800-733-8267 x1110

5. Re: Prime Time Shuttle -No guarantees!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 05:18