We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re Execucar Service from LAX

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Question re Execucar Service from LAX

I'm looking at using Execucar from LAX to the hotel and maybe return.

I've listed the arrival time as when the plane lands (10.30am). As we have to pass through Customs, I'm allowing 2 hours until we actually get out of the airport.

What is the best time to list on the arrival time? If I leave it at the original time, does the driver know to wait?

I've emailed Execucar but am yet to hear back from them.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,532 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

Yes, they wait.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
311 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

I used them in June 2010 lax to longbeach & return after a cruise. I put the time the plane arrived & then you ring them after you get your bags & go thru immigration & customs. They will tell you where to wait for the car/van. The driver took 5-10 mins to arrive.

On the way back the van needed to come from their lax depot so it took 40 min to pick up from long beach. They gave me a choice to take super shuttle for same price or wait 30-45mins for the van to arrive. I waited for our private van.

Great drivers & clean vans. Cheaper to use this service with 4-5 people than a shared van.

I'd use them again no problem.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

Yes. They wan't to know when the plane is scheduled to arrive, but then you'll need to call them when you get your bags.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

Thanks...about to make the booking.

Mount Albert
Level Contributor
5 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

We arrived at LAX from Toronto Jan. 14, 2011 and used Execucar to get to San Pedro cruise port area. We booked the car in advance. Cost from LAX to San Pedro was $55. You really don't need two hours to depart from LAX. Exit from the airport was somewhat circuitous, so don’t be shy to ask one of the numerous officials for directions. It’s really not that complicated but you do have to go past others going through customs and down some stairs to get to baggage claims. We noticed several reps from various transit services holding signs with customer names on them as we left the building. One was an Execucar rep. I asked him about our reserved car and he called his office immediately. We were told the car would arrive in 5-10 minutes. It actually took another call and just over 30 min for the car to arrive. No complaint, just happy to be on our way. The drive to our hotel (Vagabond Inn) took 30 minutes and the driver was terrific - very friendly and hospitable. You can take a shuttle with other people but then you usually have to go through a drop off run at various places if others join you on the shuttle. We just wanted to go direct and get there with no hassles. The cost difference between a shuttle run and the private chauffeur wasn't that much and much more relaxing

6. Re: Question re Execucar Service from LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2012, 07:18