We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

Hey need help with which Freeways you would recommend during the commute for Topanga to anaheim. Also need advice on Santa Monica to anaheim. ie The I90 or The 5...

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

Topanga to Santa Monica - go along the beach on the Pacific Coast Hwy.

Santa Monita to Anaheim, I-10 east, then I-5 south ... all well signposted.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Monica
Santa Monica
California
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

Yes, that will work, but except at night (after 8pm and before 6am) and maybe Sunday morning, is likely to be a traffic nightmare. Instead try I-405 south to I-105 east, to I-605 south to CA-91 east, to I-5 south. Still might hit some bad traffic, but that is the way I would go. See www.sigalert.com for real time traffic.

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

Thanks Eagle and Delmar. I really appeciate the help with this. Have to do both trips twice while I'm in LA area, so I'm going to try both.. That way i'll keep it even steven...LOL

Thanks again...I'll return the favor if you need help in Seattle some day :)

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
8,119 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

I much prefer Delmar's suggestion. I think Eagles is nuts and guarenteed to hit tons of traffic during the daytime. I guess it is possible the traffic gods could smile upon you using E's route. But, I wouldn't bank on it. The 10 between SM and downtown and the 5 are notorious clogged.

Regardless, don't pay any attention to us. Look at traffic real-time on your phone and follow the green lines. That's what I do. Traffic is dynamic. Why guess/gamble/hope? If you don't have his on your phone, then it is high time you get one.

HTH

5. Re: Freeway Help Topanga to anaheim; Santa Monica to anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 05:16