We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

I arrived in Hollywood yesterday for the umpteenth time and noticed many carts selling hot dogs with onions and salad (smelt great) Is this a new thing as I have never noticed them before? Mind you as hungry as I was it did not entice me to buy. I ventured into the Pig and Whistle and had the best grilled salmon EVER. Also do the police still use the restaurant (Sharky's) opposite the greyhound bus station? Thanks.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

As far as I know, hot dog stands have always been there on Hollywood Boulevard . Haven't been there in a few months, but the Hollywood Bl area is definitely not a foot short in options when it comes to hot dogs. Pink's original location is not very far from there also.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,658 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

The hot dog carts have been around for a while, I am just not sure they are legal or licensed by the health authorities. They seem more third world street food than the carts in NYC.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

Ahh, Danger Dogs... I never had one in Hollywood, but have had them in downtown L.A, in Carson before an L.A Galaxy game and in Pasadena on New Year's Day long before the Rose Parade wen on. So far so good for me.... Still can't beat Pink's for L.A dogs, though

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

Thank you for your replies, they all seemed to be operated by people who look quite O.K. strangely I noticed mainly womem. I would usually shudder at food from a stall but they did catch my eye and were all close by to Hollywood/Hyland area.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

Try the bacon-wrapped dog with some fried onions and topped with salsa. Yum!. I rarely go to Hollywood Blvd. so I don't know how long the hot dog carts have been there but if you go to Downtown L.A., you'll see dozens of carts especially in the Fashion District and Toy District. There's at least one on every corner because there are few restaurants in those sections of Downtown. And most of them are staffed by Latina women.

As for brick and mortar hot dog places, I like Carney's on the Sunset Strip. Get the hot dog smothered in chili and cheese.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

M'mmmmmm Later too soon after breakfast atm.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

Go for it!! I'm sure they're MUCH better than places like Pinks anyway!!

8. Re: Hot dog stands on Hollywood Boulevarde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 07:41