We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got my Ellen tickets today

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Got my Ellen tickets today

Ok so I'm thinking about flying to LAX, (cheaper) and staying at La Qunita Inn and Suites LAX. How mych ish would it be to hire a driver to take my girlfriend and I to Warner brothers studios and back?

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
450 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

not sure how much to hire a driver, but just a word of advice.

We booked tickets to see the Big Bang Theory at Warners Bros arrived nearly 2 hours in advance to line up and DIDN'T get in. They actually over allocate tickets by 70 tickets and 70 unhappy people didnt get in. Some people apparently lined up 3 hours or so before the show. Just a word of warning to arrive early.

Edited: 07 February 2011, 20:19
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

How much cheaper is it to fly into LAX versus BUR? It might work out cheaper to fly into BUR when you include the cost of a driver (which could be $150 return (or more)). Tell us your travel dates and the city you are flying from.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Travelling Feb 15th and returning the 17th. Leaving from Toronto. Our tickets are guaranteed but we will be there early to get our numbers. It's actually 300-400 MORE to fly into Burbank vs. LAX

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Hollywood would be a better place to stay for "Ellen" if you wish to save money. From LAX you'd take the Flyaway Bus ($7 each) to downtown then the subway up to Hollywood. For Ellen, from here it's a 15 minute ride on the bus ($1.50). There is really nothing much to see/do that is convenient to the La Quinta LAX, plus you have a $75 cab ride to Ellen, each way....or a long two hour public transportation ordeal (each way). Motel 6 in Hollywood is only $48 per night for two double beds (on www.booking.com)

But how early is your flight out of Lax on Thursday morning? Might be better to stay near LAX after all.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Flight leaves Toronto at 5pm...I'm still doing some research on dif flights and hotels but at least this way I'll get a general idea

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Been doing research all freaking day lol. What about the Superbus? Does it have set times that it runs?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Seems like Superbus is that way to go. $23 1 way per person! Wow. We're now thinking about staying at the Tangerine Hotel in Burbank. Apparently it's within walking distance of Warner brothers Studios. Anybody have any idea how long it would take to get to where Ellen is taping?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
403 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

got that answer too lol. .5 km only 10 minutes..

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,540 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

What's the superbus?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Got my Ellen tickets today

Hope you have a good time. I was just there last week of Jan. for a taping of Ellen's show. We stayed in Hollywood and just took a cab to see her.