We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping near Los Angeles

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Camping near Los Angeles

We will be touring California towing our 25 foot Airstream travel trailer. We would like to stop in LA for 5-6 days and are looking for a strategic camping park near LA. Any advice?

PS. Any advice for San Diego and San Francisco would also be appreciated.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,258 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping near Los Angeles

You might want to post in the Road Trip forums, but I can tell you there is no camping in Los Angeles nor San Francisco. There is a camping site near Zuma Beach, about an hour outside LA - Leo Carillo. Here's a list of nearby sites to both LA and SF:

www.go-california.com/Los-Angeles/Camping/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping near Los Angeles

Thanks Yogachick

I've only used TripAdvisor for hotels and destinations requiring airplane transportation. This is the first time I use Tripadvisor for camping advice. I'll check the Road trip forum. Thanks. As for campgrounds, one hour away from any large town is a bonus in my books.

3. Re: Camping near Los Angeles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 21:18