We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeframe

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Timeframe

Hi,

I was after some idea on what time people think we will be able to get out of LAX airport if we are arriving at 7am on a Monday morning? Is it quiet a long process? We will be arriving from Australia.

Southern California
Level Contributor
368 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timeframe

I would allow an hour from the time you get off of your plane until you have picked up your bags on the carousel. That should be a safe estimate as that's how long it usually takes me to clear customs and get my bag. It might be less if it's not too crowded or you are using one of the smaller terminals rather than the Tom Bradley International Terminal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timeframe

Thanks Littleredhead! We had heard that if we arrive at 7am, we can expect to leave the airport at about 11am!!! We are hoping to get alot in in our first day, so a long wait at the airport would be horrible!

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timeframe

LAX at 7am shouldn't be too bad, I'd probably say if you land at LAX at 7am, you might get out of there by 9ish am, after customs and getting your bags.