We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car from LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NZ
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car from LAX

Am struggling to find a reasonably priced rental car for 9 days in July. Have tried Priceline and they are not accepting any of my bids. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,023 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car from LAX

Have you tried TravelJigsaw? FlightCentre? Your travel agent? These methods usually include required insurance and work out to be a good value.

Have you looked at the regular agencies and ticked the box that says you're from NZ?

Summer is prime tourism season, so prices everywhere tend to be high.

NZ
Level Contributor
55 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car from LAX

Thank you.

Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car from LAX

Try Rex or dollar rent a car

Shell Beach...
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car from LAX

I've had good luck with Dollar (lower prices than other national rental brands, good service). However, make sure to sign up in advance for their "express" service. It's free, but you have to provide license and credit card info in advance. The express service allows you to pick up a car without waiting in a long line, which is the last thing you want to do after getting off a plane from NZ.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car from LAX

If you're from New Zealand you'll pay a huge premium for insurance and fees if you go with Priceline. You need a company that includes all the extras in their quotes for non citizens. Hertz, maybe Avis or Alamo (check the confirmation quotes, they will state what's included and what's extra.) You want Collision and Liability included.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car from LAX

I find Enterprise Car rental usually has very good rates. Do some searches online for extra coupon codes.

Perth
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car from LAX

I'm going in August and got quite a good deal through carrental8.com

8. Re: Rental car from LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 07:19