We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown restaurants

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Downtown restaurants

I am staying for two nights only at the Omni downtown LA. Can anyone recommend restaurants close to hand?

Texas
Level Contributor
815 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown restaurants

Hi--I used to work there between Hope and Grand, across from the Omni. It's been 5 years since I've lived in LA, so here goes! There was a wonderful restaurant near street level on the Hope street side (one block west from your hotel) in the building where the Calif. Pizza Kitchen is--so across Grand Ave., walk through the first building to the second building. Can't remember name, but check out the building. Also, go down Grand (turn left as you come out of Grand St. side of the hotel) a couple of blocks, and there was I think it was called the Water Grill, a delicious restaurant between 5th and 6th Street, left side of the street past the Biltmore as you walk toward Sixth St. on Grand. Hope this helps!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,690 posts
5,363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown restaurants

There is NOE in the Omni (good but quite expensive). Note: The bar is on the 3rd of 4th floor (you won't see it when you walk into the hotel but its a nice bar with music in the evening..albeit pricey.) The Standard Hotel a few blocks away has great food and a good bar - one of the best in LA. At the Music Center, Patina, is good. On the Music Center site, they publish a list of close by restaurants...http://www.musiccenter.org/restaurant.html...

all of which are in the general vacinity of the Omni. Its about a 2 block walk (very easy) to the Music Center so all of the ones listed will also be in the general vicinity of the Omni hotel. Close to the Omni there is also some lunch places ....right outside the door.....if you happen to be at the Omni at noon. The buffet breakfast at the Omni is quite good....

Scotland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown restaurants

Thanks for your help and advice with thus. I will use this inof. Appreciate it.

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown restaurants

pacific grille, mortons, engine co are all on figueroa (morton's is on 7th and fig. the rest are a short walk north). the area is a little further than the other ones mentioned, but still walkable.

downtown has some pretty decent restaurants.

los angeles, ca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown restaurants

I agree with Engine Co. Great restaurant in one of downtown's historic buildings, which used to be an old fire station. There's a lot of restaurants near Omni that's walking distance. I used to work in downtown and there's many restaurants to pick and choose from.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown restaurants

Lots of great restaurants - go to http://www.la.com/dining and click on downtown for a search of all restaurants with addresses and info.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown restaurants

I live downtown and here are my local recommendations.

1) Angelique Cafe on 9th & Spring & Main. Great little French bistro. Quiche to die for and I don't even like quiche. Open for breakfast and lunch. Closed on Sundays. Great place to start exploring the Fashion District.

2) The Pantry on 9th & Figueroa. Open 24/7. Very old fashioned American food. Very busy for breakfast on weekends.

3) Philippe's on Alameda on the edge of Chinatown. Another very old establishment. Great sandwiches.

4) Traxx in Union Station. Classy place with nifty location. I love the patio on a warm evening.

5) Grand Central Market at Broadway & Third. Lots of inexpensive food options. The patio on Hill Street is very nice. Too bad Angels Flight is still not working.

6) La Serenata de Garibaldi in Boyle Heights. Okay, this place is not in downtow. It is located right next door. It is hands-down the best Mexican food in town and well worth visiting. Just take 1st Street east from downtown. Drive over the L.A. river and under the 101 freeway. As you come up the hill, you'll come upon Mariachi Plaza. There's a lot of consturction going on for the Gold Line. The restaurant is located on the right just past Boyle. There is street parking and a lot in the back off the alley.

HTH. Enjoy your trip.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown restaurants

If you are near the Omni at lunchtime, try the cafe at MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) next door to the Omni. There is also a nice, simple cafe on the plaza at the Cathedral, just around the corner. Very peaceful and pretty setting; I ate there several times while doing jury duty downtown.

Scotland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown restaurants

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate your help.