We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Van Rental

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Van Rental

Has anyone rented a minivan from Airport Van Rental at LAX? How did the rental experience workout?

38 replies to this topic
Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Van Rental

Hello, vdad, and welcome to the Los Angeles forum.

Generally, the "majors" (Hertz, Avis, National) have a better reputation here in Southern California than do the many "minors" at LAX. Airport Van Rental is from what I can tell one of the "minors."

You could check with one of the majors or, if that didn't suit your needs, I can recommend a firm who rents small and large passenger vans, as well as cars: Galpin Ford, which happens to be the largest Ford dealer in the United States. Call toll free (800) 256-7137. http://www.galpin.com/

You would have to get a ride from LAX to their location (main location is at Sepulveda and Roscoe Blvds. in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles). An airport shuttle van service such as Prime Time Shuttle or Super Shuttle would be a good method offering door to door service.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Van Rental

You might try Dollar www.dollar.com

Have had good luck with renting the Dodge Caravan out of their LAX location

Nancy, France
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Van Rental

Nous avons loué un van de 12/15 personnes en avril 2012. Franchement en mauvais état !! Mais AVR sont parmi les rares à permettre une location "one-way" entre SF et LA.

En plus, on a essayé de nous attribuer une bosse existante à la location : penser à prendre des photos au moment de la prise du véhicule !!

Bref, à éviter ...

dutchess county, ny
Level Contributor
15 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Van Rental

We rented a minivan from them for about a week. When they picked us up at LAX it was in a beautiful brand new minivan. We were told it wasnt registered so they had to give us another one which was still nice. The air conditioning reeked of gasoline and we called from the hotel to let them know about it. They told us they would trade it for another minivan - this one being an older KIA minivan. We were surprised at the mileage (96k) on the van and how well it handled. I would use them again as they were the most reasonable for minivan rentals and they did their best to fix the problem we had.

5. Re: Airport Van Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 23:35

6. Re: Airport Van Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2013, 20:05

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,200 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Van Rental

yelp.com/biz/airport-van-rental-los-angeles

costa rica
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Van Rental

this van rental was excellent, i was worried since their prices are so low, i had a minivan for 5 days and it was $110....it had only 8000 miles on it and was very clean..i will rent from them again, this price was cheaper than what i could get a economy car for, i had a reservation at another rent a car place and the cheapest i could get was $160...so really a good deal, and they took me to my hotel when i returned the car..

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Van Rental

No good.

-The driver service was good but customer service lady horrible

-Van had broken air vents, no security, garbage in seats, high mileage, poor mechanics

-No insurance for damage or theft (thieves target these vans because they have no alarms, easy to break, and large vans go shopping)

Please rent from somewhere else if peace of mind is what you need during vacation

beachbeauty69
Level Contributor
1 post
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Van Rental

THIS was the worst experience renting a vehicle ever and I've rented a lot of vehicles. They would not let me use my card for insurance and they wanted $280 for Liability insurance. I said no thanks, they then billed me $1129 for the van rental which I did not use. I sat there for an hour waiting for them to give me a ride back to the airport. While I was there they tried to scam 2 more people for Liability insurance, and they had the same answer as me, they had never heard of that before. Finally got a taxi and went to Thriftys and had a van in 20 minutes. Still waiting for my credit to go through. Also the Van rental was to be a total of $528.

Edited: 15 March 2014, 16:01
Reply to: Airport Van Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted