We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Hi myself and 6 other girls are travelling to Las Vegas in November..we are going to stay in Los Angeles for three nights on the way to Vegas. Our budget is very limited unfortunately for L.A. The hotels mentioned above are in my mind the cheapest I can find. We want something very central as we will be using public transport to get around. Just wondered if anyone could tell me which one is best, closest for all sight seeing etc. I obviously have looked at both sites on TripAdvisor but am still undecided. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

United States
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Both of those are pretty lousy but the Travelodge is better especially if you need to be close to the Metro. Saharan is only close to the bus lines, which might be fine if you're not going to Universal or downtown via underground, do you have any idea where you want to go and what you want to see? If you're coming from LAX airport you'll want something near Metro probably.

With a big group you might look into Orchid Suites, Highland Gardens, or Hotel Celebrity or Magic Castle Hotel/ look for 2 bedroom suites etc. Hollywood City Inn is a bit better than Travelodge in the same neighborhood, Motel 6 is just as basic/grimey as the Travelodge but a good location closer to Hollywood/Highland. There is also Quality Inn La Brea and the Liberty hotel both well located to transport.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Try the Motel 6 on Whitley in Hollywood

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,231 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Have you looked at the Tripadvisor "hotel finder" section for Hollywood? Here it is (link and SCROLL DOWN. The hotels are listed in the center column):

http://tinyurl.com/3tmz9nj

Just above the list of hotels, you can select the price you want to pay (using the slide bar) and then scroll down and look in the left column and you'll see where you can enter your travel dates and the number of people traveling (4 in total). Click 'search' and tripadvisor.com will select hotels IN Hollywood, WITHIN your price range, for your SPECIFIC travel dates.

BTW, if you tell us your travel dates, we might be able to find you a deal somewhere. Also, tell us how much you're willing to spend. Keep in mind that about 15% tax is added to all room rates and that most rooms in this price range do not include breakfast and, if they do, it won't be anything special.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,231 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Given that there are 6 of you, you might want to look at the Trylon Hotel:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d1633382…

You can get a '2 queen' room and a '1 queen' room and when you add the cost up, it comes to about $180 per night (plus tax). This is a little bit more than you wanted to spend but, in L.A. hotels are EXPENSIVE. Do yourself a favor and spend a little bit more.

The good thing about the '2 queen room' is that it's actually 2 separate hotel rooms, each with a queen bed in it. Between the 2 queen rooms is a bath shared by the two rooms. Of course, the 1-queen room has its own bath as well. So that's 2 baths for the 6 of you. Also, the beds are queen beds not 'full size' aka 'double' beds so you'll have a lot more room since you'll be sharing. (They might have rollaways -- you'll have to contact them and ask).

Good luck!

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

Contrarian-I think the Traveklodge is a good budget motel. It's very basic but it's clean and well located for both transit and walking to stores and restaurants. I haven't stayed at the Saharan. It's within range of the Hollywood/Highland Red Line station, but a bit of a walk, while the Travelodge is virtually on top of the Vermont/Sunset station.

Check out the Tripadvisor hotel reviews for all your choices.

6. Re: Trevel Lodge Sunset Vermont or Saharan Motor..please help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:19