We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cross Country Driving

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cross Country Driving

My husband and I are thinking about driving cross country - from New Jersey to Las Vegas in January. Any suggestions as to where to stop to sightsee, sleep, eat, etc. We are both retired, so time is not an issue. Thanks ! Sharon

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cross Country Driving

Hi @kapmsdr! You posted your question in the Los Angeles forum and you might be better served if you posted in the Road Trip forum (especially since LA doesn't appear to be on your itinerary).

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cross Country Driving

Hello, Sharon, and a special welcome to TripAdvisor and to the Los Angeles forum, considering this is your first post with us.

Cross country driving is actually addressed in a forum devoted to cross country driving aficionados. . . the Road Trip forum! I'm still learning new things there. . . and there's some amazing road warriors there who have put on many thousands of miles in the United States, Canada, and even Europe. I would encourage you to post your question there as you already did here. That way you will get the benefit of their expertise. . . and let me tell you, there's some very knowledgeable folks there who you'd be delighted to hear from!

There's a high likelihood that a very friendly Angeleno forum member might decide to respond here. . . that's what we tend to do around here as we're a lively bunch and a fun group too. . . in a laid back SoCal beach bum desert rat kind of way. . . but sometimes we dunno what a real blizzard is. Some of us think it's only at Dairy Queen! (tee hee) And some of us have never even seen New Jersey, or know anything about the East Coast!

Sooooo. . . here's that Road Trip link: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Hope to see you there! Always glad to be of help.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cross Country Driving

Hi! Just wanted apologize if I sounded in any way abrupt. I was on my tablet and couldn't get the links to work but wanted you to have a better chance of getting detailed information on the Road Trip forum.

Thankfully, @underdog provided all that and more.

Cuenca, Ecuador
Destination Expert
for California Desert
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cross Country Driving

Dekage1. . . you did a wonderful job with your response, imho. I take into consideration that many of our lively, dynamic, and fun LA forum posters are folks at work, on the go, doing several things at once at any time of the day. . . And I operate from the perspective that anyone who is a forum regular of this LA forum is coming from a desire to help, not cause harm or something that brings about disharmony. So you did just fine under the circumstances. A tablet? My Sweet Polly Purebred finally got one from her office, but I'm still desktop bound.

Answering queries on the forums is one of the things I do while waiting for something else. . . like a rather important phone call. . . still waiting patiently. . . Meanwhile, revel in an "atta boy" from the desert 'dog! Woof! You're just faster than I am, that's all!

Gotta do more creative writing. . . got the itch. . . (smile)

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cross Country Driving

Oh, Underdog, you are sooooo nice! Thank you for the lovely message. I just didn't want our OP to think I was giving them short shrift. Thank you for making me feel better.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cross Country Driving

Oh-My-God! All this mindless happiness! Chuck...

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cross Country Driving

Welcome to the forum.

You're both retired and time is not an issue so why go in januari?

New Jersey
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Cross Country Driving

Thank you all for your responses!! As you can tell, I am a newie, and will address my trip in the road trip forum!! Keep up the good work!! Maybe I'll see you all in Los Angeles (or New Jersey) some day!!

9. Re: Cross Country Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:17