We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iris in March

Ajax, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iris in March

Will be in L.A. pre-cruise (March 2) and post-cruise (March 10-11). I see mention of this show being dark for 2 months Feb-Mar because of the Academy Awards, but can't find any date-specific information on the Cirque web site or elsewhere. Can anyone tell me if the show will be back for my stay?

Many thanks.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,563 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iris in March

It would appear that the show ends its run at the Kodak on 1/1/12. The Cirque du soleil website doesn't show tickets beyond that date whereas it does show tickets into the summer at its other shows. From a budget standpoint, I would imagine it would be unfeasible to tear down the set for the Academy Awards, put it in storage and then rebuild it in March. Maybe, I'm mistaken but I would think there would be some press about its return, somewhere.

Culver City...
Level Contributor
702 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iris in March

I just looked at the website, and it does look like you can buy tickets into January but nothing beyond that. All the articles I've read say that they plan to close for two months & re-open after the Oscars. I imagine they'll have to try it this once to see how long the tear-down & re-build will take.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
5,244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iris in March

Iris will be back at Kodak after the break for Oscars. It is permanent at Kodak and will be dark for 2 months per year for the Oscars. Unfortunately, they have not put tickets on sale beyond their dark period yet. You may be out of luck in March. But it will be back all year after that.

discoverlosangeles.com/play/arts-music-and-e…

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Iris in March

Just in case you are interested, there is a new Cirque show "Ovo" that will be available the dates you are here at the Santa Monica pier. Here is the website information:

cirquedusoleil.com/en/…santa-monica.aspx

Ajax, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Iris in March

Thanks everyone. It does look like I'll be out of luck for Iris in early March. I'll check out Ovo as an alternate.

6. Re: Iris in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2012, 10:19