We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Hollywood advice please

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Days Inn Hollywood advice please

I am thinking of staying here when I visit in Feb as it has good reviews and seems kind of well located for what we would like to visit. Hollywood walk of fame, chinese theatre also Warner Bros tour, possibly the Griffith observatory and La Brea tar pits if we have time. Is this a good choice?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

There are two Days Inns in Hollywood, are you talking about the one on Hollywood Blvd, or the one on Sunset blvd? Both actually are basic and well-worn, the Sunset is the better location I think. If the prices are similar, I think I would choose Orchid Suites, Hotel Celebrity, Best Western Hollywood Plaza, Hollywood City Inn or Quality Inn La Brea before the Days Inns.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,568 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

What is your budget per night?

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,424 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

The Days Inn is ranked #70 out of 292 hotels rated by Trip Advisor. This ranking is a pure measure of 'customer satisfaction' -- not a measure of how luxurious the property is. (Some of the more basic hotels are rated near the top of this ranking whereas some of the more luxurious hotels are ranked toward the bottom).

You can save a little money (or have a 'bump up' in quality) if you:

1. Opt for a hotel in the eastern portion of Hollywood (about a 6 minute metro rail ride from central Hollywood). These hotels include:

a. The Travelodge Hollywood Vermont/Sunset (less expensive)

b. The Hollywood Hotel (3-stars -- more attractive)

2. Pay a little more:

a. Hollywood Orchid Suites -- each room has a kitchen and the location is directly behind the Hollywood/Highland Center Mall -- you can't be more central In Hollywood.

Failing those, the Days Inn is a fine choice.

BTW, travelocity.com has a sale going on that property for your travel dates: average rate per night: $92 + hotel tax (15.3%)

Expedia.com has the "Hollywood Hotel" (on Vermont Av) for $94. This is a 3-star hotel and the rate includes buffet breakfast. Vermont Av is an 8-minute "red line" metro rail ride from central Hollywood. Trains run every 12 minutes.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

Well, the ratings don't actually mean very much. Any hotel can post 20 reviews of their own establishment. or 120. Read reviews from people who have posted several reviews over the years for the best true assessment.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

I stayed there several years ago and it was ok, IMO the Hollywood area is kind of run down and I think I would stay somewhere else, especially if you are going to be there for a few days.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

The area is not fancy, but it's fine. It's well situated for what you want to do (did you say if you were driving?), though HSJ's recommendations are also good.

I find that Tripadvisor hotel recommendations are good, if you focus on what most people said. There will always be an outlier who praises the place extravagantly, and another who hates everything about it right down to the color of the curtains. Ignore those people. Look at how many reviews somebody has posted, the more they've posted, the more credible they are likely to be. Look at how the recent reviews are going, are they better or worse than earlier ones?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

Hi all and thank you for the replies. I did book the Days Inn on Sunset. I realize the area and hotel is not a 4 star but it's just a place to sleep after all. I look forward to our visit.

8. Re: Days Inn Hollywood advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2012, 10:19