Family of 4 (kids 16 & 11) visiting from UK July 2012 with 3 nights in Anaheim as start of a 3 week road trip around Western USA. Arrive early evening of Sat 21/7 at Ananheim hotel. Advised via previous TA post to sightsee LA on the Sunday, with full day Monday in Disneyland, picking up car on Tuesday to San Diego. Decision made to sightsee LA via public transport. Having read FAQs, have come up with following ('loose') itinery, and comments are welcome.
- taxi/bus to Fullerton / Anaheim Rail Station
- train to Union Station (will buy TAP cards & day pass)
- Red Line Metro to Universal City for approx 4 hour visit to Universal Studios.
- Red Line Metro to Hollywood & Highland for lunch at Mel's drive in (possibly), then Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame, Graumans Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre etc.
- Then No 2 bus? to Fairfax Ave for Sunset Boulevard / Strip / Melrose Avenue.
- Then combination of buses (920?) and Metro for Beverly Hills / Rodeo Drive
Would look to get a late train back from Union Station to Anaheim.
- What is the last train back to Anaheim ?
- Is the above doable in a day ? - we are used to walking around cities.
16 year old daughter is keen on doing 'celebrity' based sightseeing !!
Thanks for any input.