We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

eastern shore,md
4 posts
Save Topic
Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

Hello

We will be having brunch at the Magic Castle and trying to get some ideas on what to do afterwards. We are a family of four two adults two children 7 and 16yrs old. I was thinking of the Griffith Observatory? I would like to make it a day in LA, since we are staying in South Orange County that it would be a nice time visiting some of the sights- Hollywood walk of fame, I think my 16yr old would like that. So need help planning I was thinking of an 8-9hr time frame, so maybe hearing some awesome ideas on what to do, would be greatly appreciated. Of course I am very realistic I can not get LA in a day but just trying to fill in sometime,. We are not interested in amusement parks, just thought I would throw that out there.

Thank You!!

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

I'm assuming you're driving. The Walk of Fame is good, Hollywood Boulevard is an interesting street for architecture too. Griffith Observatory is also good, beautiful site, interesting exhibit. You might think of the Museum of the American West (Autry Museum) in the lower part of Griffith Park--it's got both serious exhibits and memorabilia about the American West. It has a great book and gift store. There are various other things to visit in Griffith Park--the zoo, Traintown, a carousel. If you need another meal, Zankou Chicken on Sunset Blvd. at Normandie, with the world's greatest rotisserie chicken with garlic sauce, would be an affordable tasty possibility.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,729 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

Actually, there are no theme parks in the city of Los Angeles so we're not offended if you don't want to visit any. You might take a walking tour of the Walk of Fame. Info at RedLineTours.com

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

Head to Griffith Obs. an hour or so before dusk and stay into the early evening. In the intervening time, there's plenty to do in the immediate area or a short drive away from the Magic Castle - the Walk of Fame, Chinese Theater and Kodak Theater are all right there, as well as Madam Toussad's etc. The Grove mall and the adjoining Farmer's Market are not far. I'd also 2nd the rec for the Autry Museum - its one of the more overlooked museums in LA, and undeservedly so. Another thought depending on the kid's interests would be the Paige Museum & adjoining La Brea tar pits, or the Peterson Automobile Museum.

4. Re: Magic Castle Brunch and what to do after

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2013, 10:24