We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

How well is public transportation from the Staples Center after a Laker game to Hollywood? How long would it take? Are there bus routes right outside the Staples Center?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

Easiest thing to do is to take the Blue Line light rail train from the Pico/Chick Hearn station (just outside of Staples) one stop to the 7th St. Metro Center. At the 7th St. Metro Center, board the Red Line subway towards North Hollywood, and exit at the appropriate station (most likely the Hollywood / Highland station for most Hollywood hotels). Note that at the 7th St. Metro Center, the red and purple line subways share the same platform - be sure to board the Red Line train to North Hollywood, NOT the purple line train towards Wilshire / Western.

You can also skip the Blue Line and just walk north a few blocks on Figueroa St. from STaples to 7th St., then one block east on 7th St. to Flower St. which is where the 7th St. Metro Center is. This is about 1/2 mile or so.

Edited: 29 January 2012, 22:27
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,940 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

What time is the game? At night I would take a taxi.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

Game starts at 7:30pm so should be over by 10:00pm. So if I don't mind walking 10 minutes, I can take the red line subway to & from the game, while staying at the Roosevelt in Hollywood? What are the exact routes I need to look for??

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

See MachThree's post above.

Rancho Santa...
Level Contributor
7,623 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

The suggestion to take a taxi is not warranted. This implication it is not safe in the evening is not correct. You'll find the subway very straightforward and convenient. I highly recommend skipping the Blue Line and walking directly to the Red Line Station at 7th Street. You can walk up either Figueroa or Flower to 7th.

HTH

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

For The Roosevelt do as I said above, and exit the Red Line at the Hollywood / Highland station. Your hotel is a block away.

7. Re: Public transportation to Hollywood after Laker game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:26