We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attending a LA Galaxy match

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Attending a LA Galaxy match

Hi - visiting in March and would like to go to a match while i'm there but will not be driving . How easy/safe would it be to get back to Hollywood after a match by public transport or any idea of taxi cost? Not much info on the website

Apparently the ground is not in a great area and though I am a Londoner and Spurs supporter so used to roughing it a bit, I will be on my own so need to be a bit sensible.

Any advice greatfully received

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

It is about 23 miles, so around $75 for a taxi.

Google Maps Transit shows the trip as a bus (LA Metro Route 45) to Downtown LA, and then catch the Red Line Subway to Hollywood. Would take a couple of hours.

Was lucky enough to get to take photos of the MLS Cup Friday night. Here is a link to the photos if you are interested.

http://tinyurl.com/7gjfc7x

Boro
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

Hi Sally, we went to the LA Galaxy V Chivas game when we were there, we were driving though, the Depot Stadium is nr Carson City, a good way out from Downtown or Holly wood, I think it would be problematic to try and get there and back via public transport, Beckham came on as a sub in the game, it was a night match we went to.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,905 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

Actually, the Home Depot Center is in the City of Carson, not Carson City, which although a lovely place, is the capital of the state of Nevada.

The area immediately around the HDC is okay, but if you move away a little bit in the wrong direction, it can be bad.

The Home Depot Center shows transportation options.

www.homedepotcenter.com/contentright.php…

They show a link to LA Metro that is helpful. Their trip planner is great, but you have to be sure on the hours the trains operate.

http://www.metro.net/

For a night game, I would be leery of riding a bus. I'd consider getting a cab from the stadium to the Metro Blue Line Del Amo Station (about three miles) and then riding it to the Red Line.

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

thanks for the replies folks, I think I was a bit naive about how faraway it is :o(

Nice pics Darkbeer!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

Here are some photos of the Home Depot Center during Galaxy games...

http://tinyurl.com/727n7p5

Edited: 03 February 2012, 22:43
Boro
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

despite scottcao75s pedantic reply, in my assesment as a fellow UK traveller, I would not do it without your own transport, it is far too way out from where you will be based....

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,680 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

I looked up the schedule for the Galaxy--they only have home games in March on the 7th, 10th, 14th, 18th, and 31st. The game on the 7th starts at 5:00 and the game on the 18th at 4:00, which would make transit easier, because several bus lines seem to stop service earlier. The other games start at 7;:00, 7:30 or 8:00.

If you did want to take a bus to the Blue Line, the station you'd connect to would be Artesia, which is a pretty major bus hub.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

FYI, while I am a BIG Galaxy fan, I should state that there are two teams that play in the Home Depot Center... The other team is Chivas USA (nickname is the Goats!), they have 2 games at home on March, the 11th at 4 PM Pacific, and the 17th at 7:30 PM Pacific.

9. Re: Attending a LA Galaxy match

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 10:32