We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Shuttle from LAX

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fernley, NV
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Super Shuttle from LAX

DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!! We arrived at LAX with a travel voucher from LAX to our hotel in Anaheim. We handed the voucher to the lady in charge of the line at Super Shuttle. She asked how many and we said 6, our voucher said 3 adults and 2 children, but we had 3 children, but since the youngest was under 2 he was free. Once we went to bored the van she was upset because now we had 6 and not 5. She was very vocal about this and even said a few curse words. Once upon the van we went around the whole airport looking for 2 more passengers. This took about 40 minutes. Our driver then tried dropping us off at the wrong hotel and then tried to blame us for giving him the wrong address. We never gave him the address just the name of the hotel. Over 2 hours later we got to our hotel. Our story does not end there. We called and scheduled our pick up shuttle and told them about the voucher we had. The next day the shuttle driver from the first shuttle called our hotel room looking for money. Apparently our voucher was not one that they accepted and he needed cash from us. We called super shuttle and they did not accept the voucher, but they allowed us to book our return trip. That night at 1045 pm we received a call in our hotel room. It was our original driver and he wanted money for our trip from the airport. We had to call Super shuttle again that night and ask them to remove their driver from the hotel lobby. If the rude lady at the curb side and looked at our voucher and informed us that it would not be accepted we would've found the correct shuttle service. We did not take Super Shuttle back to the airport we used the Disneyland Express. they were very nice and professional.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

So, you got a ride on Supershuttle without paying them for their service. I'm not seeing where Super shuttle is to blame. You can't fault them for wanting to be paid.

Next time, make sure you know which company you've purchased services from.

Fernley, NV
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

This was our first experience at LAX. We presented our pre paid voucher to the super shuttle employee to make sure we were in the correct spot. She looked at our voucher and put us on the van. I was not going to pay them $98 for their mistake. In my line of work I make sure we have the correct paper work prior to providing a service. Super shuttle needs to train their employees to make sure mistakes like this are not made.

Providence Forge...
Level Contributor
421 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

Kellie-

I was just in LA and used this horrible service.

First, the driver was 20 minutes late. Then he went round and round that airport 6 times and only picked up one other passenger. He ran over cones all

throughout the airport. Then when we FINALLY get on the road, his driving was so bad. Fast, slammed on brakes and would not stop texting!

But he stood there with his hand out for a tip at the hotel.

When they picked me up to go back to the airport, the driver bad just smoked a cigar and the van reeked! He also sped like a demon out of the parking lot almost hitting two cars! He too slammed on brakes at the lights and then sped off like a crazy man.

This was the absolute worst service.

Customer service was fine when I booked. Not so much when I called to complain.

Lesson learned!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,988 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

I don't understand why people use a shuttle company with a large group - when the shuttles charge per person and the taxis do not. Next time, get a taxi, there are many van sized taxis at LAX, easy to find.

5. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 11:22
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

I work with Super Shuttle at LAX. My company ShuttleFinder.net has been partnered with them for over ten years. I can tell you from personal experience that the vast majority of drivers are very nice and helpful. Keep in mind, they are in the service industry and rely on tips.

LAX is a very busy airport and it gets very hectic at times. But in my ten years experience, I can honestly say that 99% of Super Shuttle drivers are professional, courteous, and know the city very well. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but that lady was not your typical Super Shuttle employee (and I hope you reported her to management... they have a zero tolerance policy for rude, incompetent drivers). Super Shuttle drivers don't get lost, In fact they know all the shortcuts and ways to avoid traffic. There's always going to be that bad apple. Super Shuttle is the nations largest airport transportation company and has been around for over 25 years. That speaks for itself. Now if you want to hear horror stories about rude, careless taxi drivers I can write all night. Super Shuttle is a reliable company.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 06:09
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

First of all, OP did not get a free ride. She paid for the voucher. So the fact that maybe the voucher is not for Supershuttle does not mean she did not pay for it, just not to Supershuttle. There is no excuse for bad service. I have used Supershuttle and other companies, and yes most of the time the service is good. There are always some bad apples. The driving around the airport to look for more fares is common to all airport shuttles.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,889 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

This doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me, didnt the op know what shuttle service they were taking since they had a voucher that they had obviously purchased a specific shuttle service from ?

So, did they just look around at the Airport and walk up to the first shuttle they came upon and hope it was the one they wanted?

Info for a next time visit would obviously be to make sure of what Shuttle service they were going through and keep track of that info, that would have avoided all of their problems.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

I actually scheduled a Super Shuttle van to pick me up a little over two and half hours before my flight. THE SHUTTLE NEVER CAME.I called and all that I was told was, "We have contacted the dispatcher, and they will not tell us what is going on. The dispatcher will call you." Later, the "dispatcher" called and said they had sent a cab for me because the shuttle was not coming. This was an hour later than my scheduled pick-up time. THE CAB NEVER CAME. I called the company back and they told me they never sent a cab and to call my own or find a different ride. This was two hours after my scheduled pick-up time.

I would rather walk to the airport than use their "services" again.

In fact, how can they pretend to be a service business if they never actually provide any services like a shuttle or customer service?

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COMPANY.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Super Shuttle from LAX

From their blog---"Proper planning for airport transportation can help you avoid a stressful situation, and possibly even a missed flight."

HAHAHAHAHA well, I actually scheduled a Super Shuttle van to pick me up a little over two and half hours before my flight. THE SHUTTLE NEVER CAME.I called and all that I was told was, "We have contacted the dispatcher, and they will not tell us what is going on. The dispatcher will call you." Later, the "dispatcher" called and said they had sent a cab for me because the shuttle was not coming. This was an hour later than my scheduled pick-up time. THE CAB NEVER CAME. I called the company back and they told me they never sent a cab and to call my own or find a different ride. This was two hours after my scheduled pick-up time.

I would rather walk to the airport than use their "services" again.

In fact, how can they pretend to be a service business if they never actually provide any services like a shuttle or customer service?

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COMPANY.