We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When do I book flights?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
When do I book flights?

I am travelling to LA in December from Australia. Anyone know when the best time to book cheap fligh to the US is? Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When do I book flights?

Hi Leighton,

We have just booked our flights for September, if you have a look at Qantas, they are having a pretty good sale at the moment.

Cheers,

Jozz.

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When do I book flights?

They are saying the Aussie dollar is going to drop against the US dollar, its about 1 on 1 today. So you may want to think about doing it sooner rather than later.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When do I book flights?

We also just booked with Qantas because they are having a really great sale.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When do I book flights?

Thanks. I have looked at QANTAS but for Dec/Jan their fares are $1100 /person one way. Virgin looks the way to go at the moment at about $1600 return.

Sydney
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: When do I book flights?

If you can get $1600 return in December you should seriously consider jumping on that now. That is a great price for that time of year. Have a look at United and Delta too, though not sure if they fly out of Brisbane. United would be last on my list but if it is a good deal maybe it is worth it. Depends if you are travelling with kids.

6. Re: When do I book flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:17