We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

Stratford, CT
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

Will be attending the Breeders Cup and am trying to figure out what are to stay in. We will have a rental car. Would like a hotel with some night life (we are in 50's) and dining options near the hotel. With that said dont want to be too far from Arcardia.

Thnaks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

If the main point of your trip is to do the horse race, then I'd look to stay in Pasadena - The Sheraton, The Westin and the Courtyard by Marriott are all well located near Old Town Pasadena, which is a very walkable area with lots of restaurants, bars, etc. And Pasadena is not far from Arcadia. I'm not sure what your hotel budget is, but if the above places are too expensive there are some cheaper options in the same general area.

On the other hand, if the race is just one of the activities you'll be doing on this trip and you want to see some of the other LA sights, a better compromise would be the downtown LA area, which would put you further from Arcadia than Pasadena, but closer to places like Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

By the way, if you do decide to stay in Pasadena, I would also suggest considering flying to / from the Burbank / Bob Hope airport (airport code BUR) rather than LAX, at least if you can get a flight with the same number of stops from your area and for a comparable airfare. BUR is much closer to Pasadena than LAX is, and has the added bonus of being a much smaller airport - easier to navigate, quicker baggage claim, less walking, shorter security lines for the flight home, etc.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,689 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

Ontario Airport would also be a better choice, although it usually isn't cost-competitive. (Ontario, the city, thinks the airport managers are trying to funnel more traffic to LAX at the expense of the smaller, suburban airports.) its a lot less hassle too.

I agree that Pasadena is the nicest close area. BTW the last time I was at the BC. . .well, lets just say it was "Un-be-liev-able." :-) Santa Anita is a great facility, lots of open space and beautiful landscaping.

4. Re: Santa Anita Park for Breeders Cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 09:42